DT990 Premium headphone - does the clamp get less tight after use?
Apr 18, 2013 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

sinefine

New Head-Fier
Hello. I've been using AD700 headphones but I didn't like the comfort level. So after researching online, I was told that the Beyer DT990 Premium is very comfortable. I just got the headphone but unfortunately, it is still slightly too tight for me and is pressing the part under the ears/jaw joints and uncomfortable. Do they get loose as I keep using them? Can I put something in between the cups overnight to make them loose? 

Or am I wearing it wrong? How am I supposed to put them on correctly?

Apr 19, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 12
Yes they will. Take a few books and put the ear cups on either side for a couple of nights. Like shown:

Apr 19, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:
Am I allowed to bend the metal bar that's holding the cups? 

Almost positive, can't say for sure since I never did it to my DT880's.

Apr 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #5 of 12
So I've been bending and stretching the headband, but at the point the headphone is comfortable, it feels loose. Or is it supposed to be like this? If I shake my head, the headphone wobbles? 

So sad that a 400 dollar headphone only offers this much comfort. The headphone hurts my jaw joint near the ears. 

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
So I've been bending and stretching the headband, but at the point the headphone is comfortable, it feels loose. Or is it supposed to be like this? If I shake my head, the headphone wobbles? 

So sad that a 400 dollar headphone only offers this much comfort. The headphone hurts my jaw joint near the ears. 

Yes, that is how mine is. It shouldn't hurt, they are known to be extremely comfortable, only beaten by the Sennheiser HD800. 

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Also, give the headphone sometime, after a good amount of time, the pads will unstiffen, and become a whole bunch softer.

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #9 of 12
I guess my head is really small, I just got a pair if these and though they are very comfortable I would like a bit more clamping force. I feel like the are to loose on my head, as if they could fall off if I shake my head.
Does anyone know of a way to increase clamping force?

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #10 of 12
$400... the DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm has been about $150 USD on Amazon and other places for a while now q.q 

The Pro version of the DT Series are really the only worth buying if this is your first headphone

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-DT-990-Pro-250-Professional-Acoustically-Applications/dp/B0011UB9CQ

$145 on Amazon Today 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back