DT880 vs DT990 | Comparison & Review
Apr 9, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #166 of 169
Alright, i see. I might actually buy it, since it would be able to drive everything that i get in the future. Also i am about to buy the Beyers and i would like to hit the right ones and spare all the trouble with packaging and returning. Coming from Grados SR60e, Sennheisers Momentums, these were really fun to listen and i liked them, homever not comfy at all and build quality also crappy. Which Beyers 770/880/990 are the most fun, most V-shaped headphones that are fun to listen, also with decent bass, but not overbassed, just not flat studio headphones for making music, i tried Audio Technica M50x and they were so boring. Thank you

Using Nightwish Decades/Oceanborn vinyls to test them.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #167 of 169
I forgot who asked about my Beyers?, So I'll answer here:
DT990s Limited Black Pro 250 ohm, I replaced the head bow with a DT990 Premium Bow ( No Clamp) like the Pro Bow,
The headband and slider guides are T70, I bought them from Consolidated, the pads are Dekoni E Velour.
FrankenBeyer, Top comfort, no clamp at all. Sound fantastic!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2477.jpg
    IMG_2477.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 0
Jun 2, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #168 of 169
I forgot who asked about my Beyers?, So I'll answer here:
DT990s Limited Black Pro 250 ohm, I replaced the head bow with a DT990 Premium Bow ( No Clamp) like the Pro Bow,
The headband and slider guides are T70, I bought them from Consolidated, the pads are Dekoni E Velour.
FrankenBeyer, Top comfort, no clamp at all. Sound fantastic!!!

Do you mind sharing the exact parts used? I tried searching over at https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/service-support/spare-parts but they didn't look like the ones you have.

The pads are these right: https://dekoniaudio.com/product/elite-velour-ear-pads-for-beyerdynamic-headphones/ ?
Do they boost the mids and bump up the 2-3khz range by 2db?

Jul 19, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #169 of 169
I had the dt880 250 and used them with LDMK3. They were very underwhelming for me, idk. I have a good offer for dt990 600 ohm right now and wondering if i should give them a try with the same set up :thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back