DT880 + Total Bithead + Little Dot MKIII?
Aug 6, 2010 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

getzy57

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, just wondering if this set up would work. I plan on getting the DT880 fairly soon, and would get a total bithead soon after that, mostly because its in my price range. Once I got the money, I was thinking of adding the Little Dot Mk III. Would it work to use the bithead as a DAC for the MKIII?

Aug 7, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #2 of 4
I wouldn't recommend it.  The Bithead is an ok DAC, but it doesn't have a line level out.  So, the only way to connect the BH to the MKIII is from an amped headphone port, which isn't a good idea.

Quote:
Would it work to use the bithead as a DAC for the MKIII?

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Hey everyone, just wondering if this set up would work. I plan on getting the DT880 fairly soon, and would get a total bithead soon after that, mostly because its in my price range. Once I got the money, I was thinking of adding the Little Dot Mk III. Would it work to use the bithead as a DAC for the MKIII?

Using the Bithead as just a DAC won't hurt anything, but if you don't need the amp section you can get something cheaper like a uDAC.  You'd probably be better off getting the MKIII first and then a DAC later.

Aug 9, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 4
I got both the uDAC and BitHead and will be returning the BitHead soon.  The uDAC has a better, far better DAC section.  I think the units are tied for the amp section, but the uDAC has much better synergy with the DT990s I'm using.  So I second the uDAC suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back