dt770!?
Jul 24, 2008 at 6:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dye1337

100+ Head-Fier
Okay, either I'm going crazy here or my friends are deaf. I keep hearing a vibration other than bass for bassy tracks, only in the right ear. I had friends try it out with bass tests, and they couldn't hear it. Perhaps they're deaf? Either way, should I return them? It's not terrible, and I cant always perceive it, just I figure these headphones are expensive enough I shouldnt have to deal with that kinda problem. Also, since these headphones are 250 ohms, does that mean they're exactly 7.8125x quieter per given amount of input as a 32 ohms headphone? Thanks
redface.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #3 of 7
You hear it on all your recordings, or just on a few ones?
Might be distortion in the recordings.
If you have another headphone, you can use them to compare.

Edit: ignore my post. As you are using bass tests, it's obvious not the music.....

Jul 24, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #4 of 7
I'm sure it's hair that's on top of the driver. First, checking if any hair is on the the black foam will solve most hair problems. If it isn't there, checking right above the driver itself by first removing the earpad, then the black plastic ring that holds the foam down(by using a knife and carefully clicking it out of its place) will reveal if any hair has penetrated past the foam, and is lying on top of the driver itself.

Jul 25, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #7 of 7
try switching the channels (plug L into R and R into L). Or maybe you could do it via software? and see if the buzz resides in the right ear. If it does, then there is something in your headphone, if not, it is something else in your setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back