DT 990 Pros+e09k+e17 Help
Feb 19, 2014 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Adynos

New Head-Fier
I just received the dt990 pro 250 ohms and FiiO e17+e09k combo that I ordered.  I seem to be having some issues though.  I have the e09k plugged into my computer via usb, e17 docked, headphones plugged in, and can power on the device.  I can hear audio but only for a short amount of time (anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes) and then the audio just stops all together.  If I turn the e09k off and then back on I again have audio for a short amount of time only for it to stop again.  What am I doing wrong/missing? 

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 7
Split the problem in half. Using just the e17 does it work? Then test the two together on another computer. Does that work? Do your headphones work with another source? Etc.

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #3 of 7
  I just received the dt990 pro 250 ohms and FiiO e17+e09k combo that I ordered.  I seem to be having some issues though.  I have the e09k plugged into my computer via usb, e17 docked, headphones plugged in, and can power on the device.  I can hear audio but only for a short amount of time (anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes) and then the audio just stops all together.  If I turn the e09k off and then back on I again have audio for a short amount of time only for it to stop again.  What am I doing wrong/missing? 

My gut tells me there might be something defective with the E09K.

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #4 of 7
You were both helpful.  It is the e09k.  Plug  the phones into just the e17 and no problems.  Guess I will be returning the e09k.  Is that a known problem with them since you had a gut feeling about it?

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 7
  You were both helpful.  It is the e09k.  Plug  the phones into just the e17 and no problems.  Guess I will be returning the e09k.  Is that a known problem with them since you had a gut feeling about it?

I really do not pay a lot of attention to E09Ks, so I have no idea if there is a know problem with the E09K.
But it just sounds like there might be a power issue or a lose connection on the inside.
You might consider opening the E09K and make sure the op-amps are well seated.

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #6 of 7
  I really do not pay a lot of attention to E09Ks, so I have no idea if there is a know problem with the E09K.
But it just sounds like there might be a power issue or a lose connection on the inside.
You might consider opening the E09K and make sure the op-amps are well seated.

I am really new to all this stuff and don't know as that I would feel comfortable opening it up as much as I would just send it back for a refund as I just got it in today new.  

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #7 of 7
  I am really new to all this stuff and don't know as that I would feel comfortable opening it up as much as I would just send it back for a refund as I just got it in today new.  

Cool, send it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back