DT-770 Pro 's Love Them and hate them - Clamping force
Feb 3, 2015 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ActiveTechREV

New Head-Fier
At first the dt 770 pro's were too sibilant.  It hurt my ears.  Then when I EQ'd them towards base, wow, what a sound!  The sound is so good! Yesterday I was for sure going to return them, but then I shared them with my wife and she loved the sound.  They said they make her feel good.  Mind you, she's not really a nerd like me when it comes to tech and headphones.

The almost deal breaker:  they're uncomfortable to wear after 40 minutes.  They press on my head a bit to hard.  I will spend one night stretching them overnight on some books, so I may have to stretch them out more.

Has anyone here have had an experience with headphones that made them less than perfect ..but after a while you were okay with it ?  share your experience with me, thanks!  

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #2 of 2
I was in the same boat as you with ATH-M50s. Hated them, uncomfortable, couldn't convince myself otherwise. Traded them in for a pair of DT770s and never looked back. 

I've had the opposite experience with my DT770s. I have quite a large head (7 5/8 US hat size) and they fit absolutely perfect. I also have the 80s and I noticed that with my portable FiiO E07K the bass doesn't fill the cup the same way it does on my Schiit Magni/Moda at home. I guess you could say our experience is similar since I'v gone +2 on the bass and -2 on the treble with the Fiio.  My only complaint is the damn cord, I plan on researching others DIY ideas and finding solution soon. I think if you get the fit right, you're next adventure would be to find an amp you really like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back