DT-770 Pro 80hms crappy bass
Jan 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

er0senn1n

New Head-Fier
UPS guy dropped off my headphones 5 minutes ago, I was so happy to hear them until I played a song on them with my Galaxy S3. These things lack so much bass. My brothers Beats have more bass. Is it because I have to burn them in? I don't have a amp yet but i will be getting the ZO2.3 soon. Will that make a difference or should I just return them and find bassier cans? Can anyone suggest anymore cans with bass that dont surpass $179.99 because that's how much I paid for the DT-770.

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 40
I think the next pair I buy will be the DT-770s just unsure if I want the 80 or 250ohm one.
In saying that, I think these cans are supposed to be pretty neutral with a slight bass colour.

If you like and enjoy the faked bloated bass of the beats, you should get beats.
It'll cost the same as these and that amp combined.

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #5 of 40
Weird, the Dt770 have loads of bass. Plug them to another source? have you tried Equing? 

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #7 of 40
Quote:
I tried both my ipod and s3. I read a lot of reviews of people saying that after you burn them for 200 hours they sound better

Not necessary, out of the box you feel the bass already. 

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #8 of 40
That's insane, those suckers drop it like crazy..  Those ipods/phone might not have enough balls to get them going!!!

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #9 of 40
Quote:
UPS guy dropped off my headphones 5 minutes ago, I was so happy to hear them until I played a song on them with my Galaxy S3. These things lack so much bass. My brothers Beats have more bass. Is it because I have to burn them in? I don't have a amp yet but i will be getting the ZO2.3 soon. Will that make a difference or should I just return them and find bassier cans? Can anyone suggest anymore cans with bass that dont surpass $179.99 because that's how much I paid for the DT-770.

The Beats have a +20dB boost to bass. Even the Sony XB500s don't have that much. If you want stupidly high levels of bass and nothing else, you might as well get beats. The alternative is a pair of XB500s and a Digizoid ZO amp.

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #10 of 40
I thought the DT770 Pro 80's were bass monsters? Maybe it has to do with how they are positioned on your head or you got a bad pair (very unlikely)

unless previously you were using beats or something that have super exaggerated bass 

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #11 of 40
I just got my first pair of headphones too.  I ordered the Custom One Pros and DT770.  I actually preferred the bass of the DT770 but the COP is much stronger without an amp.  Same price.  I'd take those over the beats.  

With an E11 my DT770 have me feeling pretty happy right now.  Maybe EQ it through accudio

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #14 of 40
You'd think an iphone has enough power to carry a 80 ohm load pair of headphones with average SPL. Plugged into the E9 the 770/80 almost matched the D5000 in terms of bass performance. The D5000 just has better, less recessed midrange and more sparkly treble. 

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #15 of 40
Not sure if this will help, but I just purchased a pair of the COPs with the FiiO E17.  I've heard these get better with some break in.  My primary listening source is an HP laptop with Beats Audio.  I didn't purchase the laptop because of the Beats Audio, but it does sound better than my Lenovo laptop.  I've compared sound with and without my new amp/dac.  Straight from the laptop I hear an emphasis on the bass.  Its not horrible, just more pronounced.  When I hook up the amp, the bass seems less emphasized.  What I've gained is a sense of more "air" between instruments and more controlled base with better definition.  Many moons ago, I was heavily invested in a home audio system where I spent more than double of my first car and was obsessed with the holly grail of sound vs. sitting back and enjoying the music :) I am a bit rusty on my audiophile lingo so hopefully this is somewhat helpful!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back