Drumming Headphones
Sep 29, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #16 of 24
So, how would the "noise attenuation" of the DT770M be any different from the isolation of the DT770 Pro? My assumption would be that it would only be a bit stronger. (Sorry for these newbie questions)

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #17 of 24
Sony MDR V6 is a good headphone for drumming. I recommend my friend to use V6 for monitoring and he is very happy with it. It is cheap also
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by gogi-goji /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, how would the "noise attenuation" of the DT770M be any different from the isolation of the DT770 Pro? My assumption would be that it would only be a bit stronger. (Sorry for these newbie questions)

While I haven't used the 770M, I find that my 770 pro/80 provide more than adequate isolation for drumming as long as you aren't trying to beat the life out of them. I also find that they stay on my head very well, although if you plan to do a lot of head banging with them on, they probably won't stay put as well.

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #19 of 24
Thanks for all the advice so far guys.

I'll be heading to my local Long and McQuade within the next couple of days (I need to get a tuning lug on my drums fixed). While I'm there, I'll try to audition both the DT770 Pro and M. Any tips for how to get the most out of auditioning a pair of headphones?

Sep 30, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #22 of 24
The cheapest DT770s I can find on ebay.ca right now are about $200 CAD shipped (link), which is only $15 cheaper than Long and McQuade. If I can find a good deal online, though, I very well might go for it.

Any tips for when I audition the DT770 Pro and M? (I want to hear first hand what the difference in sound quality and isolation is)

Sep 30, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #23 of 24
I'd use in-ears if I were you.

Full size headphones don't isolate enough for drumming in my opinion.

I use in-ear headphones with a pair of "extreme isolation" headphones over top of the in-ears.

Drums are so incredibly loud that they warrant double the isolation.

Oct 2, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #24 of 24
I don't really want to go the in-ear route, since the IEMs I've heard have all been extremely microphonic, and almost all IEM reviews I've read mention microphonics as a drawback. Microphonics really annoy me, making this (and fit) to drive me away from IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back