Drum and bass with apogee duet advice
Mar 3, 2013 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

asatate

New Head-Fier
Hi all, firstly i have enjoyed reading through numerous articles regarding various headphones. There is loads of useful info but i am somewhat now overwhelmed so i thought i would simply ask!

have around 250gbp to spend on my upgrade from bose qc3 's ( i know i know!) i am starting to produce drum and bass music and have an apogee duet soundcard. I want as true a sound as possible to act as monitor headphones. A friend has mackie 824's which i will be using as my external reference.

I am worried that the duet will not be powerful enough to run the 702's, 600's or 880's as i do not have the money for an amp at the moment. But i really want to get one of these or anything else that is suggested! Will the duet run these ok until i have enough money for an amp? Taking into account my music preference, which can would you recommend and which amp to partner with it when i have say 100 gbp for an amp. Cheers

Mar 3, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #2 of 7
If you want "as true a sound as possible" than you will need to look into some studio monitors. 

Headphones wise a +1 from me would be the K550's but you should look into open sets only for music production. 

Mar 3, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
My mate has the monitors so that isnt a problem. I am specifically looking for headphones to keep the mrs happy! Thanks for the comment though

Are you looking to mix with headphones or just for listening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back