drove too fast, front right wheel hit curb
Feb 3, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #16 of 23
Back in the early 80s, I slid though a T intersection in a snow storm and hit a curb, but at half your speed or less. I was lucky and just bent the rim. The car was still drivable, but the top speed was about 20mph before the wheel would shake to much to control the car.

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #17 of 23
got back from the mechanic...

only alignment needed $96 CAD. MAN how lucky is that?!

However I do notice a tiny weenie bit of dash rattle when I go across bumps at low speed at the side where my wheel was hit. Its quite subtle, but being an head-fier you definitely notice these sounds. Is there anyway I can trace the exact source of the rattle?

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #18 of 23
got back from the mechanic...

only alignment needed $96 CAD. MAN how lucky is that?!

However I do notice a tiny weenie bit of dash rattle when I go across bumps at low speed at the side where my wheel was hit. Its quite subtle, but being an head-fier you definitely notice these sounds. Is there anyway I can trace the exact source of the rattle?

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #20 of 23
Good news! Turn up the radio = dash problem solved.

I guess to pin point a rattle is start tapping around the area where you suspect the problem or get a bass heavy track and hope it has the right frequency to resonate the trouble spot. Glad your Ok and no other damage to your car was done. Good luck.

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #21 of 23
Thanks alot. I was searching mylexparts on the cost of my replacement struts. $560!!!

I will never drift in the snow again now, at least not with this car

Its my mum's 2003 lexus es 300. If we plan to sell it in the year 2017, do you think the tiny weenie bit of dash rattle will affect its resale value by much?

Feb 4, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there anyway I can trace the exact source of the rattle?

Trying to find rattles is not cheap and I hate having rattles. There is a company near me that will attach microphones and some wizzy computer and they can track down the location. But you can do it by trial and error so long as you have a lot of time and don't mind pulling your car apart. Most rattles seem to be internal cosmetic. I had a car that had a loose spring in the passenger seat. Took me six weeks to find that out!

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by sithompson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trying to find rattles is not cheap and I hate having rattles. There is a company near me that will attach microphones and some wizzy computer and they can track down the location. But you can do it by trial and error so long as you have a lot of time and don't mind pulling your car apart. Most rattles seem to be internal cosmetic. I had a car that had a loose spring in the passenger seat. Took me six weeks to find that out!

I tried to put a passenger on the car to locate the source of rattle (its a very very faint rattle right after the car's wheels moved over a bump)

the problem is the noise CANNOT be heard when someone is sitting beside me, which is really weird. I have a hypothesis that the rigidity of the car took a change and resonance caused by road vibrations become more frequent but Im not sure if its correct.

My passenger chair is electrically powered so I thought that is unlikely to be the source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back