Dropping off your car for service? The tech just might abuse the hell out of it ...
Sep 28, 2002 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Sol_Zhen

Takes his kids to the natatorium every morning.
It's every car owner's nightmare that their car will be abused by a Valet parking or parking lot employee.

However, you at least expect to leave your car at the dealership without having the tech beat up on the car.

Here is some sobering real-life internet drama --

Quote:

The first link is the car's owner, who found the second link. The second link was posted by the tech that was assigned to repair the car:

Check out this thread: That was my car (this thread has over 127737 views)

And then check out this thread: Duuude... (this thread has over 121124 views)

Damn.
frown.gif
mad.gif

Sep 28, 2002 at 6:11 PM Post #2 of 20
wow this incident must have roared over the entire world of forums!!

Sep 28, 2002 at 6:21 PM Post #3 of 20
"wow this incident must have roared over the entire world of forums!!"

No kidding. I found it posted on a gaming forum (P22, Xbox, GC) I frequent. It's something any car owner can relate to.

Apparently, it's going to get local news coverage in San Antonio, TX on Sunday or Monday. Given the way the owner found out about it and how any interesting story about the internet is newsworthy, expect to see it in the mainstream press sometime soon.

Sep 28, 2002 at 6:23 PM Post #4 of 20
Best post from the entire exchange: Quote:

I am business man in Japan. I do however have posses great interest in extreme exotic machines. Over the years, I have greatly grown my self collection to now include nearly 60 cars from around the world. Most notibly, I too posses 2003 model Cobra SVT (among other FORD) that I recently imported specially from America. So I understand how you feel.

If any one of my service advisor would pull such a dishonarable act on one of my possessions I would expect him to perform ritial suicide for his dishonoring of his company reputation.

I am greatly sorry for what has transpired.

Excuse my poor English pronounciation.

-YAMADA Takoyuki

Haha, I'm still cracking up.

kerelybonto

Sep 28, 2002 at 6:41 PM Post #5 of 20
I think that post has done the rounds everywhere...

But it goes on surprisingly often. It must be 4 years ago now, I was parked waiting to pick up a friend, and I was idly looking around and saw an NSX skidding to a stop and parking to stares all around... An awfully familiar NSX. Checked the plate, yes, very familiar... With a totally unfamiliar guy in the driver's seat. Guy gets out, leans against the car and waves to someone. A girl walks out of a shop, admires car and both get in. Car roars off.

So, I call my friend who actually owns the car in question.

"Hi. Just saw your car"
"Eh?"
"Some guy driving it here in XXXXXX (20 miles from the dealer). Picked up probably his GF. Was caning it."
"The ******s! It's in for a service!"
"Ohdear."

Odd thing is we haven't really discussed it since. I wonder what happened?

Sep 28, 2002 at 9:51 PM Post #7 of 20
remind me not to tell you the next time I do something illegal.

Sep 28, 2002 at 10:20 PM Post #9 of 20
My dream car is an M5. If I ever get one, I'll drive it into the service bay myself and put a Denver Boot on a wheel while I leave it there.

Sep 28, 2002 at 10:20 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

From the Sony Service Center Forums:
"SO THIS GUY DROPS HIS SONY R10 KING HEADPHONES OFF FOR A TUNE-UP, AND WE HAD THOSE BABIES CRANKED TO 11!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
N'SYNCH SOUNDS AWESOME WITH THOSE!!
redface.gif
evil_smiley.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
I CARVED MY INITALS IN THE WOOD EARCUPS!!
eek.gif
I AM SOOOO COOOOL!
smily_headphones1.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
"

hey, it could happen!

Sep 28, 2002 at 10:35 PM Post #11 of 20
I purchased a brand new Mitsubishi Galant some 5 years ago and the dealer told me the gearbox came with a lifetime warranty.

Plus it was written in all the advertisements that Mitsubishi published.

4 years later the gearbox failed. I went to the dealer I purchased from and talked to the SAME man. He starts laughing at me saying "I never told you we have a lifetime warranty" and his other employees laugh at me.

I left without a word.

I went to to the newspaper archives and pulled out the advertisements.

Pulled out the copy of the bill which clearly states the warranty and the service book. It also had the dealers stamp ... MUHAHAHAHAH
very_evil_smiley.gif

Showed that to him and suddenly he turned a shade of white. If I took that to the authorities he would be shut down for at least 2 months and I would get a good amount in compensation.

So he fixed the gearbox and all was good.

Suspicious as I am ... I inspected the warranty card in the service book. Guess what? He cancelled a "lifetime warranty" without any reason offered. This was a full lifetime warranty that couldn't be revoked. Only reason for not claiming the warranty is intentional damage.

I contacted Mitsubishi Headquarters in Japan and they acted with brutal speed. Next day I get an apology and his dealership contracts were broken. Investigations showed he also removed good working parts from cars and replaced them with old. He sold off the new parts for a good buck and got real rich.

Now he spent 6 months in jail, plus heavy fines which will make him broke and deportation. His only source of income gone forever.

Serves him right.

Sep 28, 2002 at 10:38 PM Post #12 of 20
1) LMAO @ rdshifter
biggrin.gif
Good one.
2) Disturbed, that's a hell of a story.
cool.gif

Sep 29, 2002 at 12:36 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
hey, it could happen!

LOL ! You're a sick puppy
biggrin.gif

I read through a lot of those threads. I hope the "tech" does wind up facing charges in addtion to losing his job. And I'm glad he shot himself in the foot by posting.

Sep 29, 2002 at 1:05 AM Post #14 of 20
The thing that amazes me, what are the chances of that happening? I mean, of first, and owner being a part of a forum, and two, being a part of the same forum as the techie!
biggrin.gif

Wow. If he had simply said that he got the chance to drive a 2003 mustang, that would have been enough. . . but silly him, HE HAD TO GIVE THE PLATE NUMBER!
rolleyes.gif

Sep 29, 2002 at 1:49 AM Post #15 of 20
Ha, that idiot is SO busted! I think suspending his license in addition to firing him would be a nice touch.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back