DROP + THX Panda Announcement
Nov 19, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #547 of 767
I have to admit mine might just be that rare good pair. No buzzing, solid.
Mine has buzzing when using it for phone calls, I think it does the buzzing when the mic gets turned on. Not ideal but it works ok. I have had no issues using them for phone calls, people understand me and I understand them.

Nov 20, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #548 of 767
Mine has buzzing when using it for phone calls, I think it does the buzzing when the mic gets turned on. Not ideal but it works ok. I have had no issues using them for phone calls, people understand me and I understand them.
Never use mine for calls, so that might explain why I don’t hear it.

Nov 22, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #551 of 767
Nov 24, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #552 of 767
I received my pair today and I have to say they sound great when paired to my Samsung Galaxy S20. No hassle pairing, it asked me whether to enable LDAC and just works as intended including the built-in microphone.

This brings me back to the questions I asked earlier. What is the best way to connect these as a head-set to a PC running Windows 10. Has anyone have found a solution on how to use the Panda with LDAC quality for Zoom, Teams, etc.

Cheers

Thomas

Nov 24, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #553 of 767
I received my pair today and I have to say they sound great when paired to my Samsung Galaxy S20. No hassle pairing, it asked me whether to enable LDAC and just works as intended including the built-in microphone.

This brings me back to the questions I asked earlier. What is the best way to connect these as a head-set to a PC running Windows 10. Has anyone have found a solution on how to use the Panda with LDAC quality for Zoom, Teams, etc.

Cheers

Thomas

My experience so far with connecting them to Windows 10 is as follows:

Wired (without Boom mic accessory): Works fine.
Wired (with Boom mic accessory): When plugged into the single 3.5mm jack on the front of my PC the microphone audio doesn't get picked up but I can hear fine. When plugged into the back of my PC into the separate 3.5mm jacks for audio in and out I can hear fine and my friends can hear me fine, but apparently, it picks up my in-game audio as well.
Bluetooth: Windows can't find the device when it's set to be discoverable.

Hasn't been a great experience on PC so far.

Nov 24, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #554 of 767
My experience so far with connecting them to Windows 10 is as follows:

Bluetooth: Windows can't find the device when it's set to be discoverable.

Hasn't been a great experience on PC so far.

It must be the Bluetooth radio or drivers on your PC. In response to your post, I figured I'd give it a try connecting the Panda to my desktop computer, even though I don't really plan to use the two devices together.

Dell XPS 8900 running Windows 10, whatever the default Dell bluetooth radio was; not aftermarket.

I went to Settings > Bluetooth > Add Device and selected mice, keyboards, audio. I then powered on the Panda, holding down the nipple past the power up sound until it enters pairing mode and you hear audible pairing chimes. At that point "Drop Panda" showed up twice in the list of devices, one for audio playback and once for voice (presumably one device for the speaker functionality and one for the microphone input). I connected each one in turn and done. Works fine.

Nov 24, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #555 of 767
I went to Settings > Bluetooth > Add Device and selected mice, keyboards, audio. I then powered on the Panda, holding down the nipple past the power up sound until it enters pairing mode and you hear audible pairing chimes. At that point "Drop Panda" showed up twice in the list of devices, one for audio playback and once for voice (presumably one device for the speaker functionality and one for the microphone input). I connected each one in turn and done. Works fine.

I should have been more clear. Has anyone figured how to connect the Panda to Windows 10 via Bluetooth as a headset and get LDAC quality?

It can indeed connect to my PC via Bluetooth but compared to my Samsung phone which supports the LDAC codec but the quality is poor and the connection is rather unstable.

Adding a USB Audio -> Bluetooth sound device is fine as long that solution support a headset profile for video conferencing and the LDAC codec.

Thanks

Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back