DROP + HIFIMAN HE-R7DX CLOSED-BACK LAUNCH
Jan 27, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #31 of 49
So anyone got these yet?

I've been staring at these also the Adorama Focal Elegia $380 deal. Granted $150 vs $380 is not exactly in the same price range LOL. But right now I only have plan to buy 1 more headphone.

R7DX sold me on "light clamp" (I have big head) and Elegia sold me on "dynamic sounding" and I kind of want to try a Focal one day.

Jan 27, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #32 of 49
So anyone got these yet?

I've been staring at these also the Adorama Focal Elegia $380 deal. Granted $150 vs $380 is not exactly in the same price range LOL. But right now I only have plan to buy 1 more headphone.

R7DX sold me on "light clamp" (I have big head) and Elegia sold me on "dynamic sounding" and I kind of want to try a Focal one day.
Elegia is a very good and praised headphone.

Jan 27, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #33 of 49
So anyone got these yet?

I’m waiting for mine, they were supposed to get here today but FedEx has been very slow lately.

Jan 27, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #34 of 49
Elegia is a very good and praised headphone.
I think issue is that I currently have Denon D5200, and I've heard conflicting reports of people like one over another (D5200 vs Elegia). I guess it might be a preference thing so it's hard to say.

Might be those "you have to hear it to know" type of cases lol.
I’m waiting for mine, they were supposed to get here today but FedEx has been very slow lately.
Yeah I ordered A&K PEE51 it's suppose to arrive yesterday but now tracking updated to arrive tomorrow. Sigh........

But all good I'll wait for your review! Thanks! :D

Jan 27, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #35 of 49
So anyone got these yet?

I wonder if the RD7X would have a larger soundstage compared to the Focals. It been awhile since I heard a closed back Focal so I dont recall where they sit in the spectrum. Your Denon would be an interesting comparison against the HIFIMAN...

Drop Stay updated on Drop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/drop https://twitter.com/drop https://www.massdrop.com/?clickid=3QR3Ib27lyA-VkBRJwyGuQJeUkhUQvX5r0tLzQ0&utm_term=252901&utm_content=VigLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=impactradius&irgwc=1
Jan 27, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #36 of 49
Interested in these to have a rotation with my CIEM during transit and travel. Also a bearer of a large head

Jan 27, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #37 of 49
Interested in these to have a rotation with my CIEM during transit and travel. Also a bearer of a large head
Doesn't look like these fold flat so bring a big case/bag

Jan 28, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #38 of 49
Jan 28, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #39 of 49
Now this makes sense:

https://drop.com/buy/drop-hifiman-he4xx-planar-magnetic-headphones

They also have a 15% discount for the first 200 units. To reiterate - dynamic driver and closed back is not something I consider when thinking about HFM.
Hifiman has been making dynamic driver earphones for a long long time. They made the HE-300 back in the day, have done the HE-35X with Drop previously, they have a dynamic driver in Edition S, and have somewhat recently released the R-10D. Now they have just released the R9D.

The RE-600 were one of my favorite-sounding IEMs, very inoffensive signature with very nice mids and a big soundstage. Haven't tried their new stuff but all their earphones are DDs if I remember correctly. You're complaining an awful lot, like this is something new, but it is not. They have been making both planars and dynamic drivers for quite some time. I personally am excited to try out the R-9 and R-10D, more than if they had made a closed planar

Jan 28, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #40 of 49
Hifiman has been making dynamic driver earphones for a long long time. They made the HE-300 back in the day, have done the HE-35X with Drop previously, they have a dynamic driver in Edition S, and have somewhat recently released the R-10D. Now they have just released the R9D.

The RE-600 were one of my favorite-sounding IEMs, very inoffensive signature with very nice mids and a big soundstage. Haven't tried their new stuff but all their earphones are DDs if I remember correctly. You're complaining an awful lot, like this is something new, but it is not. They have been making both planars and dynamic drivers for quite some time. I personally am excited to try out the R-9 and R-10D, more than if they had made a closed planar
I would say I am disappointed which I suppose can come across as a compliant. Drop can only do so much in a given product cycle so for me this one made no sense in my opinion. I purchased many Drop collaborations where they took a popular item and tweaked to make it better and lower the price. I personally would like to see the unique Drop business model continue to grow and succeed and my feedback to them is I think this product was a mistake. Perhaps they are headed in a new direction that just doesn't appeal to me so it's my opinion laced with disappointment as I have found their Sennheiser and THX collaborations to be very compelling.

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #41 of 49
So anyone got these yet?

I was watching a youtube review and it sounds like perhaps the clamp force is too light. Just a heads up

Feb 17, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #43 of 49
Mine arrived. I wanted to like them. I like all of my 8 other HifiMan headphones. But these did not sound good to me at all. Poor fit and seal and even if I force a seal with gentle pressure on the cups the bass is flatulent. Tuning required significant EQ to reach something I'd call natural. (I don't need to EQ other HiFiMan headphones). I'm using a Flux FA10 am so they were getting enough current. I returned them immediately. I wish they were good, but they're just not. Even the inexpensive 400SE is better in every way.

Feb 18, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #44 of 49
Mine arrived. I wanted to like them. I like all of my 8 other HifiMan headphones. But these did not sound good to me at all. Poor fit and seal and even if I force a seal with gentle pressure on the cups the bass is flatulent. Tuning required significant EQ to reach something I'd call natural. (I don't need to EQ other HiFiMan headphones). I'm using a Flux FA10 am so they were getting enough current. I returned them immediately. I wish they were good, but they're just not. Even the inexpensive 400SE is better in every way.
Come on, neither the Flux, nor your ears is a problem. These have very wonky FR!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back