Dream/Ultimate Portable Rigs
Jul 22, 2012 at 3:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kenman345

Headphoneus Supremus
I was looking through the "pictures of your portable rig" thread and realized tons of people have different ideas for their portable rig. I was wondering what everyones was if they had no worry in terms of pricing. I am curious to hear what people would consider the best and what they would want the most. 

Here is some information I want to find out:
1. Name - What do you call this rig you are telling us about
2. Source/Amplification- this can be an iPod with a CLAS and an RxMK2 or anything like that, just make sure you include all links of the rig
3. Headphone or IEM (or CIEM) - What make and model would you want to have with this setup
4. Cables? - Any interesting cables to connect your devices? if so, include what they would be as well
5. Have you started working towards making this rig? Do you already have the portable rig you described? If so.....let us know how happy you are with it.

I hope everyone likes this idea as much as I do. Should be interesting to hear what everyone thinks.

1. Name: Sweet Nirvana
2. Source/Amplification: iBasso DX100 
3. CIEM: Aurisonics AS-2
4. Cables: Crystal Piccolino IEM Cable (need to figure out which cable to get, Figured out this cable doesnt support recessed sockets)
5. Right now that rig is only a third of the way done. I have the Aurisonics AS-2's already. They are great with everything. I heard the DX100 at a Head-Fi meet with the stock IEM cable on the AS-2's and it was wonderful. I hear the Crystal Piccolino IEM cable is quite nice and well regarded. I think it would complement my CIEM's and the DX100 quite well.

Have fun guys! Can't wait to hear some creative names

Jul 23, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 9
1. Name: Budget Audiophile
2. Source/Amplification: diyMod(done by self preferably)+Fiio E17
3. CIEM: Aurisonics AS-2/Sennheiser IE800(if they live up to the hype)
4. Cables: Stock Cables
5. I want the best, but some parts will have to wait. Cables are an unrealistic dream along with half this rig, nothing close to this is gonna be owned by me for a while

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #3 of 9
Interesting thread. I think it will be even better if people are able to provide pictures (either of the real setup, or of individual parts from wherever), although that's sort of duplicating the picture thread, it would complement the posts on this thread nicely.

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #4 of 9
If you already have the rig....post a picture. The thing that will separate the other thread and this is that these are your dream rigs, not your current portable rigs (unless they are one and the same). I think this thread can be a better resource for finding high end gear and discussing why they would want it. The idea is not to just have a collection of pictures but a conversation about what you're going for with the rig setup and the reason for the parts. 
Quote:
Interesting thread. I think it will be even better if people are able to provide pictures (either of the real setup, or of individual parts from wherever), although that's sort of duplicating the picture thread, it would complement the posts on this thread nicely.

EDIT: Fixing my dream rig, I forgot to think and realized the Crystal Piccolino IEM cable doesn't support recessed sockets.

Sep 4, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #5 of 9
iMod / DiyMod 256GB SSD (B) > Jade To-Go Japan > Miracle

An interesting alternative to the DX100 this might be?!

Sep 4, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #6 of 9
Current:
Name: K.I.S.S.
Source: iPod Touch 4g
CIEM: 1964-D
Cables: Stock

Dream(soon to be reality):
Name: K.I.S.S.(2)
Source: Colorfly C3
CIEM: 1964-D
Cables: Stock

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #7 of 9
Nice stuff guys. I pretty much have most of my Dream rig. Working on getting a custom IEM cable very soon. Already have the money for it. My Tera Player is awesome and with my AS-2's its an absolute dream.

I read a review of the Colorfly C3 recently. Looks interesting. I'm happy with my source already though. Might be nice to have one though to throw around when I don't wanna carry such an expensive DAP as the Tera Player

Sep 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Nice stuff guys. I pretty much have most of my Dream rig. Working on getting a custom IEM cable very soon. Already have the money for it. My Tera Player is awesome and with my AS-2's its an absolute dream.

I read a review of the Colorfly C3 recently. Looks interesting. I'm happy with my source already though. Might be nice to have one though to throw around when I don't wanna carry such an expensive DAP as the Tera Player

One of the best "kick around" players is the Sansa Clip+. Cheap, cheap and if it gets broke no biggie, and it sounds great...

Sep 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #9 of 9
Already gots a Clip Zip....check my sig, it's current.
Quote:
One of the best "kick around" players is the Sansa Clip+. Cheap, cheap and if it gets broke no biggie, and it sounds great...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back