Dream Theater Transcriptions
May 28, 2005 at 5:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

zachary80

1000+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know of any parts that have been done for the piano portion of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance or Train of Thought? Right now we are writing out the piano part to In The Name of God and it is taking quite a while
blink.gif

May 28, 2005 at 7:58 AM Post #2 of 6
Is it really hard?

May 28, 2005 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
Is it really hard?

Is what really hard?

The trouble isn't really with transposing, that was just a bad title. I have found about 1/10 of the song where the piano part had been tabbed out for the guitar and it was just made more difficult because the guitar is dropped two full steps, but that is just more time consuming than really hard. The problem is writing out all the parts where I havn't seen any form of the keyboard part. I know the keyboard matches the guitar on the guitar solo, but that will take a while and it would be a lot quicker if anyone had written it out. At least it is back into 4/4 instead of 15/8 - 11/8 - 10/8 - 11/8 - 14/8 - 2/4 - like the 30 second breakdown
rolleyes.gif
And I have seen nothing of the keyboard solo.

May 28, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 6
Sounds cool. I don't know of any transcriptions, but I'd interested in hearing it...

May 29, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #5 of 6
Nothing about Dream Theater is easy to transcribe. Anyone who has heard "6:00" knows the time signatures get completely impossible in some parts. Jordan Rudess's piano playing is obviously insanely alien-like awesome, so that can't be easy to duplicate.

I did have a friend arrange some song for marching band though with his director.

May 29, 2005 at 6:29 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
Nothing about Dream Theater is easy to transcribe. Anyone who has heard "6:00" knows the time signatures get completely impossible in some parts. Jordan Rudess's piano playing is obviously insanely alien-like awesome, so that can't be easy to duplicate..

It wasn't Rudess for Awake by the way
icon10.gif

I found some more on www.mysongbook.com (requires Guitar Pro), but still have found nothing with the keyboard solo
mad.gif

Oh well, I guess I don't have the Kurzweil 2600 anyways.....hmmm.......I guess Sweetwater isn't too far away
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back