Dre bets mixr or Monster Turbine Copper
Mar 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

crazy0023

New Head-Fier
Hi I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section of the forum, this is my first time posting. Only headphones I have ever owned are dre beats solo hd and now I have the dre beats mixr. As you can tell ive never really researched a lot about headphones and just went with the mainstream by choosing design over audio quality. I knew when buying the dre beats they were over hyped since i visted these forums before making an account and read up a little on headphones. But I loved the design and portability of the headphones and went with buying them.

My question is I have the ability now to swap my dre beats mixr for Monster Turbine Copper in ear headphones. Is that worth it considering I paid like £220 for the dre beats. Also I use my iPod touch or iPod nano to listen to music without a amplifier or the like. Also the music i listen to is mainly hip hop. What do you think would really appreciate if any expert can aid me and guide me to the correct decision and give me some insight. Thanks

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #4 of 11
Any one else willing to add some more detail to the answers? Thanks

The turbine coppers are $300 phones that are considered well worth their price. The beats mixr are a $250 phone that aren't worth 1/5 of their price. It will be a phenomenal upgrade in sound quality and if you don't like them, sell them here and get what you like

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #5 of 11
Really appreciate the quick reply and very informative.

Just wanted to ask the dre beats mixr are over ear headphones where as the turbine coppers are in ear. One thing i like about the over ear headphones are that they cover your ear and its like you get an almost surround sound type of feeling with the audio where as the in ear headphones just plug into your ears are they still caple of producing such a rich sound?

Also how Is the bass like with the turbine coppers? Thanks

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #7 of 11
Are all the different variations really good for example there are the monster turbine coppers pros and hd and the normal ones. Are all of them good? Also they made by monster aren't they the same company who make beats by dre??

Also can in ear headphones create the surround sound feeling with they headphones like over ear headphones? Thanks a lot

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #8 of 11
The reason for asking is I read an article which is:

http://m.cnet.com/news/does-size-matter-over-the-ear-vs-in-ear-headphones/57460620?ds=1

Don't really understand the article as I don't understand the fancy jargon.

Mar 13, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #9 of 11
Are all the different variations really good for example there are the monster turbine coppers pros and hd and the normal ones. Are all of them good? Also they made by monster aren't they the same company who make beats by dre??

Also can in ear headphones create the surround sound feeling with they headphones like over ear headphones? Thanks a lot

The mustang and pinto are both made by ford. History remembers them as very different quality wise.
I'm told that in ears cannot come close to the big soundstage of open cans. However, a good IEM can compete with most closed cans like your beats. Its a different kind of sound, but I find it helps with directional ques in online gaming. I prefer my IEM over closed cans for that. And if the recording is designed for headphones(binaural) then the advantages of full size cans lessen drastically.
Get them, give them an fair trial, and hang out here to get your post count up. Then if you decide you prefer full sized cans, you'll have a set of phones someone around here would love to take off your hands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back