Dre Beats Studio.....authentic and like new for $115. Take em or leave em
Jul 4, 2011 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

ucdavisboy

New Head-Fier
I consider myself a casual audiophile....JDS Labs cMoy, low compression files (if not lossless), I use UE Triple Fi IEM's and Audio Technica M50's. I know the pros and cons of the Beats and I know the rep here on this forum. I also have read posts by many on this forum and others stating that if the Beats were in the low $100 range, they were worth owning.

This is not a troll post, I just want anyone's opinions on a pair at this price. My personal leaning is towards buying them and trying them (no I have not listened beyond the setup at a Best Buy) on my diverse music collection...figure a resale on eBay and at worst I break even.

Thanks and Happy 4th

Jul 4, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 24
beats?!?!? NOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

just kidding, for that price they don't seem that bad, if you have $100 to spare. Or you could save that 100 and use towards a step up from your m50's, something in the 200+ range. If you listen to a lot of hip hop or something maybe they are worth it, as you said. 

Jul 4, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 24
Heya,

At that price, why not? Hell, I would even do it just so I could look at them and do comparisons. At $100, they seem to be priced appropriately according to reviews. But you never know until you listen yourself!
If someone scares you away from them, send me the link/address, and I'll buy them haha.

Very best,

Jul 4, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #5 of 24
I hate the look of them, so no I wouldn't buy them. Were you actually offered a pair for that price or is this just for fun?

Jul 4, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #6 of 24
To clarify....these are NOT fake and NOT defective....did my homework there. This pair belongs to the brother of a friend who is clearing unused stuff and is willing to cut me a deal (not that much of a deal...new Beats on ebay sell around $175 but fees drop that about 15%).

Jul 4, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 24
They have that kind of stupid bass boost that bleeds well into the midrange, and don't sound like they're all there on a lot of music, but they're not bad at all for that price, go for it!

And like you said if you hate them you can get your money back, easy.

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #12 of 24
No, because they need battery , and from I've heard you'd have to replace them often. So at the end, that's still expensive.

Not a consideration...I have several sets of AAA rechargeables...certainly not a hassle either. It's a bigger hassle to have to charge my cMoy from the second I get home at 5pm till 5am the next morning only to have it last 7 hours. Off topic on that...I'm considering buying a couple more 9v and a speed charger so I can swap out...though that kind of defeats having put the charging module in the cMoy but, hey at least it would be there

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #13 of 24
$100? why not, i would buy it. That's the price range where it is competitive. Stylish design, public recognition, isolation, decent sound for $100, it's not bad~

Jul 5, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #14 of 24
That,  or 2 new different sounding Superlux models... or a new Fostex T50rp orthodynamic and some change, or, or.

Unless you like the idea or look of them of course. There's just so many other choices for much better IMO of course. Like you said absolute worst ( that had to be written in this post somewhere
beyersmile.png
) case scenario you flip them and get your $ back or make a bit on the deal.

You know it's going to bug you until you get it out of your system and have them in your hands. Sounds like it's already happened just waiting for the rest of you to catch up.

Jul 5, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #15 of 24
THe sound that Dre has to offer isn't bad at $100 range. Given all the other factor that come with it, it's a pretty good buy and it's portable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back