Dragonfly Red vs Any DAP
May 3, 2018 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

joesax

New Head-Fier
I use a DFR with my Mac Book at night near my bed. Sounds great. However I would like a smaller form solution. Can I expect equal or better sound from a quality DAP. I like the Sony ZX300, WMa1 and the Astell & Kern AK70ii. However it is not clear if they would offer equal or better sound over my DFR and Mac Book. Anyone have experience in that comparison?

Note: My late night headphones are the Sennheiser HD-1 (formerly Momentum 2.0).

May 4, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 4
I was using DFR with my phone. I would say the Cayin N3 was pretty close in sound quality, Cayin N5ii, especially when using the balanced output, is a step up from the Red

May 4, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #3 of 4
I was using DFR with my phone. I would say the Cayin N3 was pretty close in sound quality, Cayin N5ii, especially when using the balanced output, is a step up from the Red

Thanks. I found that the DFR does not sound as good connected to my iPhone as. It does connected to my Mac Book.

How about compared to the Cayin N5ii SE output? I don’t have balanced Headphones.

May 28, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #4 of 4
It is hard to justify which is better because audio is always subjective. Ultimately which suit you the most will be the best. Dragonfly is awesome and I owned one. It kills quite a lot of DAP and for now I am settled with my LG G6 which I think not really better than DFR but more user friendly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back