Dragonfly COBALT vs.............Discussions
Oct 17, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #1,081 of 1,192
guys im having an issue with my new dragonfly and iPhone. Using the camera adapter sometimes my phone recognises it, sometimes not. It seems totally random, any ideas? I tried a dragonfly red and same deal. iPhone XS max. When it doesnt work i get a message saying the accessory isnt supported...

Also worth trying to clear out all the fluff from the lightning port on your phone. Surprising how much gets in there and I have had times when charging is ok but USB accessories aren’t. Wooden tooth pick and a whole lot of fluff removed and all worked fine.

Worth a try.

Oct 17, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #1,082 of 1,192
Also worth trying to clear out all the fluff from the lightning port on your phone. Surprising how much gets in there and I have had times when charging is ok but USB accessories aren’t. Wooden tooth pick and a whole lot of fluff removed and all worked fine.

Worth a try.
This always seems to work for me too!

Nov 9, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #1,083 of 1,192
i just bought a cobalt. so far so good. however, when i use my windows 10 laptop and i open the tidal app, and enable exclusive mode... i hear only scratching sound. the qobuz app works fine on the laptop. it is just the tidal app with exclusive only, which does not switch to purple (MQA) and make scratching noise. does anybody experience the same issue?

Nov 9, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #1,084 of 1,192
another issue i noticed: once connected to android smartphone and using native tidal app, which supports dragonfly dac support and recognizes it... the first song is always super super loud, although the level is just 1. so the song starts with normal level 1. when i just to level 2, it sounds like level 100... so have to decrease it first immediately to 0 before i can listen in a normal way.

Nov 11, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #1,085 of 1,192
another issue i noticed: once connected to android smartphone and using native tidal app, which supports dragonfly dac support and recognizes it... the first song is always super super loud, although the level is just 1. so the song starts with normal level 1. when i just to level 2, it sounds like level 100... so have to decrease it first immediately to 0 before i can listen in a normal way
Did you let the phone "take control" of the cobalt? (Shouldn't be allowed). As far as I know only few apps that can be allowed to control Dongle DACs properly (like UAPP for example). And what android phone do you use? With which android version?

Nov 11, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #1,086 of 1,192
i use note 20 ultra from samsung. android 11.

yes i gave tidal the control of the DF. if you don't do that you will not get bitperfect, so no purple color on the DF = android standard mixer :frowning2:. once i give it the control. it works perfectly, actually, besides the one problem mentioned above.

Nov 18, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #1,087 of 1,192
What lightning-adapter cable are you using?

Audioquest says:
Note: In our tests, Apple's Lightning-to-USB 3 Camera Adapter (with charging port) sounds better and is more reliable than Apple's less expensive Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter, while also providing the ability to charge during playback. Your mileage may vary. Some users prefer the size of the smaller adapter, while others prefer the performance of the larger adapter. We encourage experimentation.

Nov 18, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #1,088 of 1,192
Lightning?

see my first sentence: i use note 20 ultra from samsung. android 11.

so i use the original included typ-c usb cable.

Dec 16, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #1,091 of 1,192
I am getting back into IEMs after a long time with just headphones. I used to have two reds, but in both cases the back panel came off when pushing the USB into laptop or phone-adapter afer too much use. is this (still) a common issue? still don't seem many good alternatives to the audioquest options for portability.

Dec 16, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #1,092 of 1,192
I am getting back into IEMs after a long time with just headphones. I used to have two reds, but in both cases the back panel came off when pushing the USB into laptop or phone-adapter afer too much use. is this (still) a common issue? still don't seem many good alternatives to the audioquest options for portability.
look at the lottoo paw s1

Dec 16, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #1,094 of 1,192
Thank you very much, I don't know why I haven't seen this before, but it looks great, and has a 4.4mm too! (which my current iems use) perfect! I will spend the rest of my day looking at revies, thanks again!
there's an s2 version that is also newly released. Others to also consider Earman Sparrow, Fiio BTR5, shanling ua2, Astel & Kern USB c...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back