1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Dragonfly COBALT vs.............Discussions

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by Condocondor, Jul 8, 2019.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last
  1. Leo
    Well FedEx has struck again - shipping from Chicago to SoCal - they estimated arrival for Friday (shipped from MusicDirect on Monday) and once again they failed. Lodged a complaint that their estimates are off for shipping. Last time I order from MusicDirect as they only use FedEx and charge an obscene fee for better shipping via FedEx.

2. Haden2866
    Patience, Grasshopper. First thing you learn is that you've always gotta wait.

3. Leo
    Oh I have patience. But it’s been a trying week at work, so getting a faulty unit, having to ship it back, and then waiting. No fun, but oh well. And then no idea if the new unit will have the same issue. So patience is a little thin.

But let’s keep it on topic. I’ll read others reviews of their units.

4. rezakhalvati
    Mine is little loose also. I wonder if their initial batch was bad or if it’s ok for them to be like that... ??? It seems to sound ok, but the sound cuts out with a couple of songs off Todal at louder volumes. Not sure if that’s because of Tidal or the DFC. ??

5. Tenashus1
    I was told through Amazon that an Audioquest rep said the wiggling was a defect. That's what I was told. All I know is that my DFR and DFB are built rock solid with no movement of the usb connector.

Leo and rezakhalvati like this.
  6. rezakhalvati
    Thank you for that information. I think I will be returning mine then.

7. Hifiearspeakers
    I’m definitely having issues with my Cobalt or Tidal. I’ve selected MQA quality and my Cobalt light is green instead of purple. It’s only giving me CD quality. I don’t know if the problem is the Cobalt or Tidal. But I get better sound with the same track upsampled through my music player, KaiserTone.

In fact, it doesn’t matter what quality I choose, it’s always green.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    rezakhalvati likes this.
  8. Wheel Hoss
    Do you have Bit Perfect on?

Also in Tidal you have to select Built-in (not system controlled) in streaming settings (or select the device—for me Mojo).

rezakhalvati likes this.
  9. HiFiGuy528
    I own every model of DF so I will likely get the DFC and make a video on the entire line.

rezakhalvati and Mateo Sanboval like this.
  10. nick97
  11. Hifiearspeakers
    I was just using my iPhone, so those options aren’t applicable.

12. Haden2866
  13. rezakhalvati
    UPDATE: I just called Crutchfield (where I bought my Cobalt from online) and told them about the wiggling issue. Not only are they emailing me a prepaid return label, “they” also “offered” to test the replacement unit before shipping it to me (to make sure there is no wiggle). I am SUPER IMPRESSED by their really amazing (and super nice and professional) service! Hopefully the new unit will be perfect.

CactoesGel and Mateo Sanboval like this.
  14. jnorris

That is nice of them! I can't help but wonder if they're getting tired of fielding this complaint. Audioquest screwed this one up badly - poor manufacturing, compatibility issues, and incorrect user manuals on a $300 product are totally inexcusable.

rezakhalvati likes this.
  15. Hifiearspeakers
    Crutchfield is great! I have always liked them.

Mateo Sanboval and rezakhalvati like this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last