Dr Dre & Monster cable have released a headphone. No Joke.
Jan 25, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 18
Copy.paste job:

"Dr. Dre and Interscope Chairman, Jimmy Iovine team up with Monster Cable to design the most bad-ass set of headphones for your queer Ipod Nano.

Monster is well known for working with legendary musicians to create products that are a cut above the competition. This time was no exception; Dre, who’s never taken on a venture like this before, conceived the idea for the innovative headphones and Monster essentially engineered them to his specifications. The $400 headphones feature a unique sense of style, and have incorporated sonic technology that results in state-of-the-art performance.

When consumers listen to Dre, or any other groundbreaking producers work, they tend to use regular headphones, or stock headphones. The kicker is, when Dre creates his musical masterpiece’s he does so in a top of the line studio, creating music with a full dynamic range, low bass, punch and clarity that is unmatched. Unfortunately, those who listen to his work are missing out on all of the above using standard headphones. The new set of “beats by Dr. Dre” headphones will solve the ongoing problem, now people can fully experience the vast array of frequencies in his musical soundscapes.

The headphones are engineered to meet the Demanding Sound Requirements of today’s music. They are also the first headphones to use a newly designed driver technology that delivers unprecedented sound quality. It took over two years to develop a set of headphones Dre and the Head Monster were satisfied with; the sound remarkably natural, outstanding transient response and rich-deep bass, all trademarks of Dre.

The Doctor had this to say in Vegas this afternoon,

“When I’m making a track I’m trying to capture the sound that makes me go ‘now THAT’s the ****! And I want that reaction from everybody who hears it,” said Dr. Dre. “I spend a lot of time in the studio listening to my music through headphones…with Beats, people are finally going to hear it the way they should: the way I do.”

Jimmy Iovine also had a few words regarding the beats headphones,

“Dre and I have been developing these headphones for a while and in Monster we found a partner that could work with us to crystallize his vision and develop them to the quality level he expects,” “Beats by Dr. Dre’ is yet another example of Interscope’s commitment to working together with its artists in developing new avenues to experience music.”

If your a hip-hop/pop music fan, I suggest you pony up the $400 beaners for Dre’s latest development. They’ll give his music a whole new sound, so rich and so clean you’d think you were in the studio. Now all we need is the official Detox album to bump through these gorgeous phones’."

Jan 25, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why do I smell overpriced skullcandy coming?

Do the math:

(Company with questionably high markup + famous rapper shilling for it) * Price insensitivity of some in the hip hop culture ($5k for rims?!) = Overpriced skullcandy.

Jan 25, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #8 of 18
This is kind of old news, I remember seeing about 5 threads on this during CES. There are even reviews of them by Ken Ball (KB of ALO Audio) in his CES thread. Yes, they don't sound up to snuff according to him. I love the style myself, nothing else really. Monster cable making an overpriced piece of audio equipment? nothing new. Dr Dre creates a vast array of musical soundscapes? .... Yes, I will "bump" some in my own headphones, he is a great artist. This makes him look a bit cheesy and more of a sellout.

Jan 25, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This makes him look a bit cheesy and more of a sellout.

It could always be worse, he could start doing Disney films with Ice Cube.

arewedoneyet1_large.jpg

Jan 25, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by dclancy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It could always be worse, he could start doing Disney films with Ice Cube.

If I had the scratch either of these two have. People could call me a sell out all they want. I'd have enough money to buy me enough audio equipment, that I'd never be able to hear them. LOL
tongue.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by puppets /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly what driver technology are they speaking of?

It's called Dr. Dre.-ver technology.
Sorry, i can't help my self with puns. I'll punish myself.

Jan 25, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by dclancy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, i can't help my self with puns. I'll punish myself.

Kinky.
tongue.gif

But yes indeed, this is very old news, and the problem with the OP was that he was trying to link from his own computer.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by puppets /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly what driver technology are they speaking of?

maybe he'll install driver backwards in order to produce completely new sound.
It'll be new and innovative, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back