Dr. Chesky's Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc - Head-Fi TV
Apr 23, 2014 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 189
 ​

NOTE:  If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

In this episode of Head-Fi TV, we take a look at (and some listens to) Dr. Chesky’s Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc, which is a new, all-binaural music and test album, with 59 tracks of music and tests from Chesky Records and HDtracks.com. Make sure you’ve got good headphones on when you watch it!

When you order Dr. Chesky's Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc, use the Head-Fi-exclusive 20% discount code UHDD20 to get 20% off.

Products mentioned in the video:

1. Dr. Chesky's Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc binaural music and demonstration album
  2. Explorations in Space and Time binaural percussion album
  3. Sony Walkman NW-ZX1 high-resolution digital audio player

Dr. Chesky's Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc - Head-Fi TV produced by Joseph Cwik and Jude Mansilla

We will occasionally post Q&A episodes of Head-Fi TV.  If you want to submit any questions (or comments), you can do so via email to tv@head-fi.org.

Apr 23, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 189
Just watched the video.
Found it very interesting as to how they record, and also how they can simulate depth and height.

Apr 23, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #4 of 189
Man that sucks, I bought the new chesky albums before jude did this thread.  Is there anyway I could still get the discount applied for a refund of the differences?

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #5 of 189
Thanks for the discount, just picked it up!!

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #6 of 189
Just bought the album! Loving it! Totally awesome stuff on this, Three For All is particularly awesome to me as a guitar player. The discount was great too. I probably wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't discounted but I am cheap that way haha

Apr 24, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #7 of 189
Purchased - Thanks for the code :)

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #9 of 189
I gave the previews a listen on HDTracks, and Oh. My. God.

I never expected music to sound so real and so natural before. I never knew just how awesome Dr. Chesky is. Lightyears ahead of Dr. Dre, no doubt. 
tongue.gif

Thanks Jude!

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #10 of 189
  Man that sucks, I bought the new chesky albums before jude did this thread.  Is there anyway I could still get the discount applied for a refund of the differences?

Same here...

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #11 of 189
I just bought mine in 96/24. well worth the money!

Apr 24, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #12 of 189
Does anyone think this will ever be available on a cd, or a blu ray disc too?
I mean just blu ray disc resolution with no video.
Just curious.

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #13 of 189
I hope viewers don't fall into the whole HD/high resolution trap. HD audio (16+ bit/44.1+ kHz) provides no benefits to the end listener...so there's no point in wasting your money on the highest resolutions in that regard. The music itself (recording and mastering) is great on the other hand, and that matters far more than the resolution of the file, if that even makes an audible difference.

I also highly recommend Ottmar Liebert's "Up Close" album, which is another binaural album. I bought both the 16/44.1 and 24/96 versions of the album; don't waste your money on the HD version as it doesn't provide any sonic benefits over the Red Book standard version upon blind tests.

411x%2BdolmFL._SY300_.jpg

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #15 of 189
Jude thanks. I will download later today.

Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back