Downtown Chicago Meet (3/18/06) Impressions Thread
Mar 21, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #46 of 55
Once you dig past the top layer, you'll find a few layers of cheese.
It's a thick, deep pizza. Good stuff!
icon10.gif

-Jeff

Mar 21, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #48 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
I'm really interested to hear more people's take on the E500's...pretty quiet so far on this.

Uhm.... didn't like them that much...
I may not have given them enough of a chance. They had more bass, I will grant them that. It was that for my taste, it was too much bass. Kinda bloated, at least to my ears, it was.

-Jeff

Mar 22, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #49 of 55
Quote:

I'm really interested to hear more people's take on the E500's...pretty quiet so far on this.

The Shure guys arrived a little late and I had to leave but to be honest I did not really want to listen to them as I'm happy with my E5c's for portable use and don't want to be spending more at this time.

I'm looking to switch from SR71 to the Hornet if I like the sound. I do like all the convenience of the rechargeable battery and option for the power adapter. Smaller size is nice as well. It has great lower end but it sounds a bit congested with narrower sound stage and less worm comparing to the SR71. The SR71 also sounds more musical to me. It greatly depends on the music I'm listening to. For metal and electronic genres the Hornet works out great but think like Pink Floyd or ambient sound is so much more enjoyable via the SR71. Hard call to make.

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #51 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
The issue is one of efficiency. The HD650 is rated 103dB/V @ 300ohms, the K701 105 dB/V @ 62 ohms. This translates to 98dB/mW for the 650 and 93dB/mW for the K701, which means that the K701 needs about three times the power of the 650 to make the same volume level (e.g. 5.1mW for the K701 compared to 1.67mW for the HD650, to produce 100dB).

I figured as much! Thanks Iron Dreamer. As I said, I'll give the 701 another shot when I pick up my vinyl from Ray. If it doesn't pan out, I'll buy more vinyl!
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 1:31 PM Post #52 of 55
I would like to add my voice to the rest of your's by saying thanks to the HOST for the great location and the time that he put into organizing this meet, thanks to "blue onion" for his efford also. This meet was the greatest ever in Chicago. I met some old freinds & had the privillage of meeting some new faced, all I can say it was a blast. RANDY, you are DA MAN.
Ray Samuels

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:59 PM Post #53 of 55
Quote:

I don't think I ever got a chance to meet you dariusf. I remember somebody saying goodbye to you as you walked out the door early....oh well.

I'm sorry, I'm always bad with introducing myself and get very fast drawn in to the equipment. Thats why the name tags I think are a very good idea but it never gets done. Someone mentioned formal introductions by everyone at the meet which I think might be a good idea. Over time one begins to know the familiar faces but it could be a bit impersonal experience for newcomers.

Apr 2, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #55 of 55
I miss Chicago. I used to live in Wrigleyville about 10 years ago. Fabulous town and lovely skyline. It looks like you had an awesome meet!
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back