Doubt about earphones quality
Sep 5, 2010 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DiamondHead

New Head-Fier
Hi.
Im kind of a newbie on the world of top quality earphones/Headphones so I want some information from more experienced people.
tongue.gif

We all know that cheaper earphones/Headphones use to sound fine in the beginning  but after some time they start to lose quality and progressively we need to raise the sound volume to hear the music properly.

So my doubt is if this also can happen with top earphones like for example my Shure SE535 or any other top quality earphones/headphones.
Also why this happens with others headphones.I know they are cheap and not very good but my $30 apple and samsung earphones can become almost useless after 3 months of use.

Thank you
ksc75smile.gif

Best Regards,

DH

Sep 5, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #2 of 3
Good headphones last years. Especially any headphone with a balanced armature driver, which are most of what you will hear talked about in this section.

Shure, Westone and other big names have warranties for 2 years.

You'll also notice people still have, talk about, and reference some very good headphones of 4-5 years ago, so that should be a testimate to the quality.

Sep 5, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #3 of 3

Good headphones last years. Especially any headphone with a balanced armature driver, which are most of what you will hear talked about in this section.

Shure, Westone and other big names have warranties for 2 years.

You'll also notice people still have, talk about, and reference some very good headphones of 4-5 years ago, so that should be a testimate to the quality.

There's also the ER-4, which some have had for over 10 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back