Double Helix Cables Thread
Sep 17, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #286 of 2,056
There is a section on their website called "Flagship OCC silver cable". Does anyone use, or has experience, with the DHC "Probe"
SP Silver Peptide Litz OCC Silver Portable Cable for portable rigs?
Thank you

Sep 17, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #287 of 2,056
Just received my fusion IEM cable for fitear TG334. Unfortunately the left socket was made backwards.

The cable itself is gorgeous. My honeymoon is next week. Was really hoping to relax with the fusion cable on my trip =(

Sep 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #288 of 2,056
Just received my fusion IEM cable for fitear TG334. Unfortunately the left socket was made backwards.

The cable itself is gorgeous. My honeymoon is next week. Was really hoping to relax with the fusion cable on my trip =(

Hot damn...my custom cable for my JH13 Pros from Double Helix recently came in and was really well done.  My only regret was that I should have ordered longer.  Sorry to hear about that, but I'm sure it'll be taken care of. Just enjoy your honeymoon and forget about the cable for now :). Congrats!

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #289 of 2,056
It's wired fine, the bend just needs to be bent the other way. Sorry man, a hairdryer can let you reverse the direction the loop bends in. Have a good honeymoon...

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #291 of 2,056
Just got my Fitear-terminated Peptide Fusion in the mail yesterday night. Somehow the tracking notification got lost in my spam folder (i found it after a bit of digging) so it was a complete surprise as the order status on the DHC website still showed as 'Processing' ... even after I received the cables :D

My initial impressions are very positive - definitely an upgrade over the stock Fitear cable, and to my ears, a better fit than the Twag. I have used a v1 for several years with my JH13s and the v2 as a balanced TRRS w/ my HM801. I tried a v3 with the Parterre's a short time ago but felt that it wasn't a great match - watered down the sub-bass and added a slightly harsh 'glare' to the midrange vocals. After about 20 hours of playback, the Fusion shows some change so I shall try and report impressions once I think its fully burnt in.

Sadly, my cable suffers from the same problem as ariesq encountered - guess Peter isn't used to the Fitear connectors yet :p

Left and Right earbuds both facing the 'same' way

Clearer shot of the Left earbud lying flat - the DHC logo is on the 'interior' side and the bend goes the wrong way for insertion into the left ear.

Hair dryer repair seemed to do the trick - although I worried that the hot air would reverse the cryo-voodoo that the cables had been treated with :p

Oct 5, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #292 of 2,056
Just got my TH900 recable job and cable in. Jesus beautiful. Yes. Jesus Beautiful.
Cable cost quite a bit of dough, silver peptide with premium ITT Cannon 4pin mini-XLR connectors, and had to order in rhodium Oyaide extruded right angle 3.5mm.

Oct 6, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #294 of 2,056
So bass was a bit thin at first listen. 10 hours later, it's blossoming. Will report back when it hits 50 hours. Yes it was a huge change, and no this is not hyperbole.

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #295 of 2,056
Reporting on my "Symbiote Fusion" IEM cable (for Future Sonics MG6PRO).  This is the most impressive sounding cable I've ever used; it replaced a Whiplash TWAG cable, which was itself a big improvement over stock, and made for a really substantial step up.  This is not subtle; it felt like a significant hardware upgrade.  Bass extension and quality are particularly noticeable, but overall clarity, air, and imaging are all improved.

It took the better part of a week to burn in and settle down.  Highs were pretty piercing until it did, but all that goes away.

Build quality is exemplary.  The cable itself is livelier and a bit harder to manage than stock, but well within bounds of OK.  Peter was great to work with and got me the cable ahead of schedule to meet a travel deadline.  Entirely happy with him and the product.

Oct 24, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #296 of 2,056
Hey guys! I'm debating pulling the trigger between the Symbiote Fusion (350) and the Symbiote SE Hybrid Litz (270) iem cable. Any suggestions, comments, remarks, etc about these two?

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #297 of 2,056
Peter just made me a Comlement2 for the HE Series by HiFiMAN for review. It'll be interesting to see how this beefy, more comlicated cable compares to some of my other aftermarket cables. 

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #298 of 2,056
Cant wait to try my DHC Symbiote Nucleotide Shure Cable. love the looks cant wait to hear it. i dont normally go with copper. normally a pure silver only guy but i found that with my se535 and the setup i have i find them to be slightly bright, so im hoping the copper brings them in line some 

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #299 of 2,056
  Cant wait to try my DHC Symbiote Nucleotide Shure Cable. love the looks cant wait to hear it. i dont normally go with copper. normally a pure silver only guy but i found that with my se535 and the setup i have i find them to be slightly bright, so im hoping the copper brings them in line some 

That cable looks absolutely stunning in its entirety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back