Double Helix Cables Thread
Sep 10, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #272 of 2,056

Just ordered mine a few days ago!  
biggrin.gif
 If you get yours this week that means I have hope of getting it in early october! 

Probably so. I let Pete know when I placed my order that I would be leaving on vacation soon, so the wait can vary a little bit. My order was placed on Aug 5th, and it should arrive on the 11th or 12th. I think the total time on mine was about 5 weeks. The the pics look great too. I'm very excited to try these out!
etysmile.gif

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #273 of 2,056
Hi guys I'm basically a newbie at IEM upgrade cables but currently I am looking for an upgrade cable for my Westone 4R. I've heard about DHC for quite a long time and I knew that Peter really make some quality products. But I just want to know which of the IEM cables by DHC offer a detailed, neutral, and clear sound with a wide soundstage? 80% of the music that I listen to is classical music, and the other 20 being pop, so I prefer a cable that would be able to suit well with my musical taste. I would really appreciate it if any of you guys out there would be willing to help :)

Sep 10, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #274 of 2,056
  Hi guys I'm basically a newbie at IEM upgrade cables but currently I am looking for an upgrade cable for my Westone 4R. I've heard about DHC for quite a long time and I knew that Peter really make some quality products. But I just want to know which of the IEM cables by DHC offer a detailed, neutral, and clear sound with a wide soundstage? 80% of the music that I listen to is classical music, and the other 20 being pop, so I prefer a cable that would be able to suit well with my musical taste. I would really appreciate it if any of you guys out there would be willing to help :)

I would upgrade the iems first   
biggrin.gif
  The cable should never cost more than the headphone or iem itself hahahaa

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #278 of 2,056

I ordered the fusion iem cable as it is highly regarded by the people who own it.

It seems not bad, but the symbiote fusion is slightly off my budget as I do not want to spend more than 300 on IEM cables. Cables that I am currently looking at from DHC are the Symbiote, Symbiote SE litz and Symbiote litz Hybrid.... But I just want know know the difference in sound signature between these cables and which one suit my musical taste better...

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #279 of 2,056
Hey guys. If anyone is planning to buy a 5ft or shorter 8 wire Fusion cable from Peter, I'm selling basically an unterminated 5ft 8 wire Fusion cable in a square braid, which is in Peter's hands right now so if you buy this, you can choose your terminations and what not. The only difference is, you'll be paying $200 less than retail. Yes, I'm taking a $200 loss for my indecisiveness... *tears*

Check out the ad in my sig~

Sep 11, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #280 of 2,056
I sent in my TH900 to get it recabled and looks like I’m getting more than my cable. Just got one of these. Sexy as hell~

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=121

Sep 11, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #281 of 2,056
Girls Generation, head-fi's Tiger Woods.  You name the piece of gear, they've been with it.

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #282 of 2,056
My fusions came in yesterday. They look phenomenal, but due to a miscommunication the headphone cable will have to be re-terminated to get an RSA connector put on. I could provide pics, but they would be the same as nbarnard's. When I get the 4-pin connector I'll post them up. I don't think I've seen one of those in this thread before.

As for the sound from the cables? It's pretty darn good! I'm not sure if it's because there was a gauge increase, or if there is another factor at work, but the music I've played on them seems a little sharper. It's like things stand out a little more, bass and highs in particular. I need to put in more time with them and my music catalog before I can give any solid thoughts on that. Also, I find it to be very interesting that it did stand out despite me being disappointed at not having the right connector. It managed overcome my mood at the time, but good music always helps. I'm really looking forward to trying these out when they have the 4-pin connection.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back