Double Helix Cables Thread
Aug 5, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #242 of 2,056
Does anyone have any experience with doing a retermination? I have a pair of symbiotes with a balanced termination but would like a straight mini.  I've read on the site that double helix won't recable >$600 headphones.  If anyone has any advice on this topic any information would be greatly appreciated!

Aug 5, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #243 of 2,056
My experience is: shoot him an email. No idea where you read that, but I'm sure he reterminates anything as long as you pay and expect to wait the queue.
Quote:
Does anyone have any experience with doing a retermination? I have a pair of symbiotes with a balanced termination but would like a straight mini.  I've read on the site that double helix won't recable >$600 headphones.  If anyone has any advice on this topic any information would be greatly appreciated!

Aug 5, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #244 of 2,056
I avoid recabling excessively rare and delicate headphones, like removing the stock cable and hardwiring a new cable. That's separate from changing terminations on cables, which is not something I put any limits on.

Aug 5, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #245 of 2,056
Recabling SR009/Qualia 010/R10. *oops*

Edit: Maybe Apuresound effed up on recabling the R10 and that's the WHOLE reason why he dropped off the face of the earth with those R10 and the rest of the cable orders, meanwhile driving around in his Lotus posting on forums like he didn't just scam a whole bunch of people and keep their $5000 headphones.

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #246 of 2,056
OOOOUUUCH! He did that? Isn't that a Criminal offence? Whats this world coming to, Alex was a good guy once but I don't know how someone can go off the rails like that..... Money changes people I guess.  
size]

Nicely made cables by the looks of those on the previous page...Thanks also those who sent some pics.

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #247 of 2,056
I just placed an order for some cables with Pete today. I'm looking forward to posting some thoughts on them when they show up. I'm skeptical by nature and don't know if they will make any substantial difference in SQ, but they do look nice.
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #249 of 2,056
Pete does a great job I won't debate sound but you will enjoy the look and feel

Agreed. This is my first "cheap" adventure into more audiophile type gear. I have been impressed with the DAC/AMP purchases I made. IMVHO those did make a noticeable difference in the general SQ of the iems I bought, but that can be a subjective can of debatables. Personally though, I love them. This purchase was more questionable when it comes to performance improvement. I'll try to be as subjective as possible when it comes to that part of it, but for me the looks are very nice. I think I'll enjoy this rig for years to come.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #251 of 2,056
I don't think the Whiplash Hybrid cable is actually the same hybrid type as the Fusion since the fusion wire actually has both silver and copper inside the wire, while the TWagV3 and TWcu V3 hybrid cable is just an alternating mix of silver wires and copper wires. A more equal comparison would probably be mixing up Silver Peptide with a regular copper Peptide wires to make a cable.
Quote:
Has anyone compared the peptide fusion iem cable to the TWag v3 and TWcu v3 Hybrid IEM cable? They are both hybrid silver/copper cables

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #252 of 2,056
I don't think the Whiplash Hybrid cable is actually the same hybrid type as the Fusion since the fusion wire actually has both silver and copper inside the wire, while the TWagV3 and TWcu V3 hybrid cable is just an alternating mix of silver wires and copper wires. A more equal comparison would probably be mixing up Silver Peptide with a regular copper Peptide wires to make a cable.

Oh, hmm that is true, I really like the way the fusion looks, but there are also so few impressions on how it sounds. On the other hand the twag has more impressions on its sq, but the fusion is cheaper, what do you think about the fusions compared to your other cables?

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #254 of 2,056
I can't really make a fair comparison since these are JH3A cables so I cannot use a regular Peptide cable to compare directly, or recall the sound of other IEM cables, since I've never heard the others with the JH16. However, I can try to compare the sound to the stock cable, and maybe that can act as some sort of reference point to draw vague comparisons among cables... Maybe I should ask Peter to lend me his fusion CIEM cable and maybe the Silver pep so that I can actually see if I can hear any differences.

Quote:
Oh, hmm that is true, I really like the way the fusion looks, but there are also so few impressions on how it sounds. On the other hand the twag has more impressions on its sq, but the fusion is cheaper, what do you think about the fusions compared to your other cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back