Double Helix Cables Thread
Mar 19, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #1,757 of 2,056
interesting, thanks. was the huge cable comfy?

It was surprisingly yes but was a must have to use the shirt clip cause of the weight. It was also very flexible and pretty much microphonics free. Its really neet as a cable the looks are stunning. When you look at the conductor you can see the small strands very impressive.

Mar 25, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #1,758 of 2,056
Is there any coincidence that dhc and norne audio have similar wait time issues with cables?

one could be confused that it’s the same company or that they out source their cable making. I’m not saying that’s what’s happening bit there is some parallels (including happy customers who have bought and received their cables)
Well from what I know is that they used to be partners 😊

Apr 3, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #1,759 of 2,056
Just saw DHC’s instagram page, and the pictures of my upcoming 16 AWG Complement4 were posted. Although in the caption Peter said it is ”totally unnecessary“ (referring to the 16 AWG size) 😁

Here are the screenshots:
1BC9E136-44F1-4243-B386-414133AAE8E7.jpeg6B4C268A-0E00-4BE0-A33B-53E7FF27D621.jpegAEE8EFDC-B55F-41BB-8713-2FE43D3DDDAC.jpeg

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:07 AM Post #1,760 of 2,056
Is there any coincidence that dhc and norne audio have similar wait time issues with cables?

one could be confused that it’s the same company or that they out source their cable making. I’m not saying that’s what’s happening bit there is some parallels (including happy customers who have bought and received their cables)

Well from what I know is that they used to be partners 😊
Not partners, or one business, although our headphone cable industry has underwent a certain amount of convergent evolution. Businesses figure out what works and adopt it. Sometimes one company figures something useful out and the rest go with it, or figure out a way to improve it. As an example, before 2013, nobody was selling cables where each wire contained copper and silver strands.

I don't know of any custom cable companies who outsource their builds. I certainly don't -- I am the only person who builds my DHC cables. DHC wait times can be checked on the website.

Apr 8, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #1,761 of 2,056
Hey everyone here is my fresh unboxing of my new compliment C cable!

This time I went all Se for my sp2000 copper as I find se to sound the best with my fourté og 🤩😍
Its a 19awg cable where you have 2 wires per side in 1 combination of 1 bigger wire. And its a full copper version.
The jacket insulation is a very neet uniquely finished with a feeling of silk and soft velurish touche. It also has a little tuby effect, what I mean is it has a soft pressure effect and has some easy flexibility.

I really like this new cable it has a very high end feel and the craftsmanship is so solide that I think this cable will outlast threw ages of heavy use, this is exactly what I need 🙃🙂 as a trucker and with more robust cable and its 90° angled becomes my best cable for use.

Will share impressions soon

Attachments

• PXL_20210408_234902393.jpg
    PXL_20210408_234902393.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20210408_234841927.jpg
    PXL_20210408_234841927.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20210408_234743371.jpg
    PXL_20210408_234743371.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20210408_234722812.jpg
    PXL_20210408_234722812.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20210408_234637784.jpg
    PXL_20210408_234637784.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 11, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #1,762 of 2,056
ebdcf0933aa9b14cf8bd55066b343e9f.jpg

DHC Clone Silver and Dita Drem.

Apr 14, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #1,763 of 2,056
Not sure if this appropriate, but anyone got any thoughts on Double Helix vs. Moon Audio vs. Plussound in terms of value for money?

I'm about to put in an order for a few cables, and am deliberating between them. I've had cables from them all in the past, and think they're all very good - I love the sound of Moon Audio, though find the actual cable slightly cumbersome and also question their value for money. Plussound and DHC also outstanding, and seem slightly more reasonable. In EU, I go for Forza, but don't find the sound is as refined as the other three.

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #1,764 of 2,056
Not sure if this appropriate, but anyone got any thoughts on Double Helix vs. Moon Audio vs. Plussound in terms of value for money?

I'm about to put in an order for a few cables, and am deliberating between them. I've had cables from them all in the past, and think they're all very good - I love the sound of Moon Audio, though find the actual cable slightly cumbersome and also question their value for money. Plussound and DHC also outstanding, and seem slightly more reasonable. In EU, I go for Forza, but don't find the sound is as refined as the other three.
I have the Black Dragon for my LCD-X and couldn't stand the sound. No bass, too bright and this was the "recommended" cable. I also have the Blue Dragon for my HE400i and it's nothing special. I need to sell the HE400i as I don't use it anymore.

I've found that the DHC all silver cables to provide some of the best sound. I use them now on all my IEMs and my MDR-Z1R and Cascade headphones. Feel free to email them to ask for their recommendations for your equipment,

DHC highly recommended.

Apr 15, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #1,765 of 2,056

Il save you the hassle by just saying dhc and kimber kable are the best cables you can buy.

It is true dhc silver cables are outstanding and among the best of what I heard. You can go with dhc flagship silver with full confidence if money can allow it 🙂

I also heard kimber kable axios on my friends mdr-z1r and was very impressed as well, would highly recommend it for a mdr-z1r thought don't know how it would pair with other headphones I only tried 1time.

Also Peter is an amazing guy, ask him what you want and he'll make it!
I had fast reply's under 3days max and he built me like 4 cables in a matter of 3 months. Orders where also placed like 1 per month so yea its pretty quick.

Apr 16, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #1,766 of 2,056
I have the Black Dragon for my LCD-X and couldn't stand the sound. No bass, too bright and this was the "recommended" cable. I also have the Blue Dragon for my HE400i and it's nothing special. I need to sell the HE400i as I don't use it anymore.

I've found that the DHC all silver cables to provide some of the best sound. I use them now on all my IEMs and my MDR-Z1R and Cascade headphones. Feel free to email them to ask for their recommendations for your equipment,

DHC highly recommended.
Il save you the hassle by just saying dhc and kimber kable are the best cables you can buy.

It is true dhc silver cables are outstanding and among the best of what I heard. You can go with dhc flagship silver with full confidence if money can allow it 🙂

I also heard kimber kable axios on my friends mdr-z1r and was very impressed as well, would highly recommend it for a mdr-z1r thought don't know how it would pair with other headphones I only tried 1time.

Also Peter is an amazing guy, ask him what you want and he'll make it!
I had fast reply's under 3days max and he built me like 4 cables in a matter of 3 months. Orders where also placed like 1 per month so yea its pretty quick.
Cheers. I cancelled my Moon Audio order. Have ordered some Plussound cables, but will also order DHC, as I want A/B them.

Apr 16, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #1,767 of 2,056
I am a very happy user of symbiote elite 19, what dhc cable will you order?

Apr 16, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #1,768 of 2,056
I am a very happy user of symbiote elite 19, what dhc cable will you order?
Not looking to go that high up that ladder (tho looks excellent), but will probably order Clone Fusion or Molecule Elite. I want to do A/B with Plussound's silver-plated X8 Series cables in terms of ergonomics, build, and technical merits (imaging, soundstage, resolve, etc).

Apr 16, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #1,769 of 2,056
Not looking to go that high up that ladder (tho looks excellent), but will probably order Clone Fusion or Molecule Elite. I want to do A/B with Plussound's silver-plated X8 Series cables in terms of ergonomics, build, and technical merits (imaging, soundstage, resolve, etc).

Both brands are very high end products, at end only your preferences will play a role in chosing the one you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back