Double Helix Cables Thread
Jan 1, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #1,682 of 2,056
anticipating,...
hope ur impression tells the difference, they are priced different

Jan 1, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #1,683 of 2,056
They send over samples to try out? That’s awesome.

I am not sure if they do, but I feel Peter liked me hehe and I did purchase the symbiote was looking for a new signature in sound so I was willing to try the clone fusion he said he'll send me one to try.

Jan 2, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #1,684 of 2,056
Were you able to hash things out? I’m thinking about trying out DH.

Ordered the Prion 4 at the end of Nov'20 and it arrived a few days before Christmas (~25 days) and Peter was very responsive throughout the whole process, including after the order was made.

Build quality on the cable is second to none and feels extremely premium. The sterling silver 3D printed splitters look and feel great. Ergonomics are quite good considering the excessive gauge the cable comes in but it is definitely not the most ergonomic of cables. Sound wise, these cables require some burn-in (~50hrs) for the highs to settle down. Beyond that, I don't believe I've ever heard my Abyss TC more transparent than with the Prion 4, bass tightness, imaging and transient speed noticeably improves from my previous cable (Kimber Axios Cu).

I am very impressed with the overall experience. If the level of service and reasonable build times I experienced becomes a consistent thing, I would not hesitate to order from DHC again :jecklinsmile:

IMG_20210102_124805.jpg
IMG_20210102_123955_Bokeh.jpg

Jan 2, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #1,685 of 2,056
Ordered the Prion 4 at the end of Nov'20 and it arrived a few days before Christmas (~25 days) and Peter was very responsive throughout the whole process, including after the order was made.

Build quality on the cable is second to none and feels extremely premium. The sterling silver 3D printed splitters look and feel great. Ergonomics are quite good considering the excessive gauge the cable comes in but it is definitely not the most ergonomic of cables. Sound wise, these cables require some burn-in (~50hrs) for the highs to settle down. Beyond that, I don't believe I've ever heard my Abyss TC more transparent than with the Prion 4, bass tightness, imaging and transient speed noticeably improves from my previous cable (Kimber Axios Cu).

I am very impressed with the overall experience. If the level of service and reasonable build times I experienced becomes a consistent thing, I would not hesitate to order from DHC again :jecklinsmile:

IMG_20210102_124805.jpgIMG_20210102_123955_Bokeh.jpg
Those are beautiful. I really like how the splitter has the seemless vibe with the wiring. How's the weight on those over time? Does it feel like you have added weight on your headphones at all?

Jan 2, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #1,686 of 2,056
Those are beautiful. I really like how the splitter has the seemless vibe with the wiring. How's the weight on those over time? Does it feel like you have added weight on your headphones at all?

It's a hefty cable and will add some weight. Doesn't really bother me as I usually lean back while listening to music. Getting the cable in it's stock configuration (i.e. without the splitter) would help with weight distribution I suspect. Here's Peter's reply to me regarding this:
"For 6.3 or 4 pin XLR Prion4 an option will appear “Special Edition” that can be configured with a sterling silver 3D printed splitter and badge. The cable does not require a splitter though, it’s most ergonomic when configured without one."

Jan 2, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #1,687 of 2,056

IMG_20210102_124805.jpgIMG_20210102_123955_Bokeh.jpg
Great cable! I have one on my Susvara's and the pairing couldn't be more phenomenal. I have the DHC Complement 4 on my TC's and the two cables have very similar performance. I think that is why Peter stopped selling the the silver version of the Complement 4.

If I'm being picky, the Prion 4 extracts a little more details, has slightly better transparency, a bit more warmth, better imaging, resolution and P.R.A.T. Both are the best cables I've heard and I'm lucky enough to have them on what arguably are the best two headphones.

Jan 2, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #1,688 of 2,056
Great cable! I have one on my Susvara's and the pairing couldn't be more phenomenal. I have the DHC Complement 4 on my TC's and the two cables have very similar performance. I think that is why Peter stopped selling the the silver version of the Complement 4.

If I'm being picky, the Prion 4 extracts a little more details, has slightly better transparency, a bit more warmth, better imaging, resolution and P.R.A.T. Both are the best cables I've heard and I'm lucky enough to have them on what arguably are the best two headphones.

Agreed, don't know why it took me this long to get a top tier cable. The Abyss TC certainly deserved an equally capable partner.

Jan 2, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #1,689 of 2,056
I have both compliment and prion. One was se the prion balanced so can’t direct a/b but p4 certainly my favourite hp cable.

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #1,690 of 2,056
Agreed, don't know why it took me this long to get a top tier cable. The Abyss TC certainly deserved an equally capable partner.
It takes time and the Prion 4 definitely isn’t cheap. I know other Head-Fiers like the Superconductor cable with the TC’s, but that cable seems to have a sound signature of its own. Unlike the Prion 4, which just disappears and brings out the best qualities of the headphone it’s connected too.

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #1,691 of 2,056
I have both compliment and prion. One was se the prion balanced so can’t direct a/b but p4 certainly my favourite hp cable.
It’s really good. I don’t how Peter does it!

Jan 2, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #1,692 of 2,056
Hes symbiote elite 19 is a cable that has similar high end performance as the prion 4 just not having the sleeves and shielding of the prion 4 but has same performance from what I understand.

This cable is outstandingly very transparent and presents music so clearly that what you hear is literally the sound of your dap and iem signatures... I really havent heard anything so refined ro date I am very impressed.

Only thing I think I should of done is go for Symbiote elite 19 fusion rather full silver as I like the sound signature to be warmer and fuller a little. I feel its more neutral side with full silver. Yet its still amazingly organic and natural. Superb cable for ultimate fidelity.

PXL_20210103_041425566~2.jpgPXL_20210103_041118286~2.jpg

Jan 3, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #1,693 of 2,056
Were you able to hash things out? I’m thinking about trying out DH.

I was able to reach them after the above. Was not told how to fix the loose CF ring on the connector but I let this slide as it's minor. It was recommended that I check the XLR pins for potential shorts with a multi-meter, which I did. Given that it's only ever happened one time on the first time, I'm just going to assume it was some kind of minor oddity that sorted itself out.

Cable itself has been fine so far.

Jan 22, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #1,694 of 2,056
Hi guys I got some news!
I just received my clone fusion cable Thanks to Peter for sending it so quickly. Will report with some impressions soon!

PXL_20210122_204829294.jpgPXL_20210122_204903191.jpgPXL_20210122_204911157.jpgPXL_20210122_204922390.jpgPXL_20210122_205112214.jpgPXL_20210122_205139576.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back