Double Helix Cables Thread
Nov 13, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #1,516 of 2,056
Idk, I don’t want to do an official dispute as that isn’t great for the seller, and I have nothing personal against DHC

I’ve emailed them, I’m hoping to get a response soon..
I have DHC connectors on almost all my DIY cables. They look great, are easy to work with and high quality. But my last order few months ago was not a good experience,I got a response only after posting here and it took a very long time.
Unfortunately from what I read and hear DHC became completely unreliable, too bad as it was a great source of all kinds of reasonably priced cable components, and there are not that many left

Nov 13, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #1,517 of 2,056
Idk, I was pretty hyped when ordering my cable from DHC, and I did so towards the end of the September

I asked about it recently, I was told there would be some delays, but that it will in fact be done soon

I've stopped receiving information entirely since about a week ago, and there is no cable in sight. Asked DHC to cancel my order, if they don't answer soon I'll dispute it in PayPal.

I really liked the company's philosophy and attitude, but the delays are far too large for a product at this price point and getting the false information isn't great either
DHC cables, seem to be the hardest of them all to attain. In fact, so hard that I have not even bothered trying. Look up Norne Audio, for the real deal.

Nov 13, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #1,518 of 2,056
DHC cables, seem to be the hardest of them all to attain. In fact, so hard that I have not even bothered trying. Look up Norne Audio, for the real deal.
I’d understand if they were all super exclusive or limited or whatever... both this is just poor service imo

Nov 13, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #1,519 of 2,056
I’d understand if they were all super exclusive or limited or whatever... both this is just poor service imo
It really is a shame, as I would love to own a DHC cable. They do have some killer stuff.

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #1,520 of 2,056
Idk, I was pretty hyped when ordering my cable from DHC, and I did so towards the end of the September

I asked about it recently, I was told there would be some delays, but that it will in fact be done soon

I've stopped receiving information entirely since about a week ago, and there is no cable in sight. Asked DHC to cancel my order, if they don't answer soon I'll dispute it in PayPal.

I really liked the company's philosophy and attitude, but the delays are far too large for a product at this price point and getting the false information isn't great either

It's only been 2 months. You saw on their page that lead time could be 8-12 weeks when you ordered, didn't you? Just be patient and don't bombard him with emails. Wait the 8-12 weeks and see if it shows up. If not, then start emailing once a week or so asking when you might expect it. You will get the cable. You'll be glad you waited. There are no better cables. There are many that cost much more, and aren't equal to DHC.

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #1,521 of 2,056
I waited 4-6 months, relax

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #1,522 of 2,056
I waited 4-6 months, relax
Legit?
It's only been 2 months. You saw on their page that lead time could be 8-12 weeks when you ordered, didn't you? Just be patient and don't bombard him with emails. Wait the 8-12 weeks and see if it shows up. If not, then start emailing once a week or so asking when you might expect it. You will get the cable. You'll be glad you waited. There are no better cables. There are many that cost much more, and aren't equal to DHC.
Yeah the website also says you can cancel your order any time, no charge. Pretty happy to do that, and even happier after being told what to do and how I will feel lmao

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #1,524 of 2,056
Keep sending him an email every couple of days, eventually Peter will reply.

i ordered the Clone Fusion when it just came out and i was lucky to have to wait for only 2 month, but for some previous orders i had to wait longer.
i'm using that cable with my A18t and i really love the pairing, sooner or later i will end to order the Clone Silver, but at this time i don't have the "courage" to wait 3/6 months before receiving the cable.

Unfortunately the inconsistency to keep up with the timing and the inability to reply to customers in a timely manner is very annoying.

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #1,525 of 2,056
six month to pack and ship few connectors? in the age of Amazon, this business is as good as dead, they may find maybe 10 customers like you. I ordered from some one persons shops and sure a couple of week or a month is reasonable with good communication but 6 months is BS
whether it is or isn't is up to you. order cables from something else. Glad i got DHC

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #1,526 of 2,056
whether it is or isn't is up to you. order cables from something else. Glad i got DHC
I mentioned a refund and got a response pretty fast. Apparently it'll be done soon, we'll see

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #1,527 of 2,056
This thread contains a lot of praise for the exceptional quality of Double Helix cables, and also a lot of complains about slow delivery and unresponsiveness. Let me contribute to both topics.

Since 2018, I'm a happy owner of DHC Molecule Elite Headphone Cable. The quality and look of the cable are impeccable. It took about 5 months from placing the order to getting it shipped, but the waiting worth it.

Along with the cable, I ordered an adapter. The adapter was however missing from the package. Peter has admitted that is was his fault. I haven't heard any news about the adapter since then. I sent reminders once in several moths, this March I got an email with a tracking number for some shipment. I guess it was supposed to be the adapter, but the email didn't have details. Anyway, that package is still in the "Pre-Shipment" state. I pinged Peter two or three times after that, then asked for a refund, still no response.

This winter, I'm going to celebrate 2-year waiting time for the adapter. Anyone to beat my record?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #1,528 of 2,056
This thread contains a lot of praise for the exceptional quality of Double Helix cables, and also a lot of complains about slow delivery and unresponsiveness. Let me contribute to both topics.

Since 2018, I'm a happy owner of DHC Molecule Elite Headphone Cable. The quality and look of the cable are impeccable. It took about 5 months from placing the order to getting it shipped, but the waiting worth it.

Along with the cable, I ordered an adapter. The adapter was however missing from the package. Peter has admitted that is was his fault. I haven't heard any news about the adapter since then. I sent reminders once in several moths, this March I got an email with a tracking number for some shipment. I guess it was supposed to be the adapter, but the email didn't have details. Anyway, that package is still in the "Pre-Shipment" state. I pinged Peter two or three times after that, then asked for a refund, still no response.

This winter, I'm going to celebrate 2-year waiting time for the adapter. Anyone to beat my record?

I do agree on the quality build with DHC cables. That was a 6 months wait back then in 2014, one of my happiest purchase.
Having order the Clone Fusion last year, I'm counting down to 1-yr waiting this Thanksgiving.
While I do drop emails periodically, the only reply i got was back in May.

Nov 20, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #1,529 of 2,056
Well my cable did arrive a few days ago, and compared to the rest of the people on here, I’d say that was pretty fast

It is very well built, with a sound profile and quality similar to the EA Cleopatra Octa. Of course the Cleo costs significantly more, so if you don’t mind the wait it’s really good value

It’s probably the best cable at its price point though, definitely

Nov 20, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #1,530 of 2,056

That's freaking ridiculous! You have way more patience than me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back