Double Helix Cables Thread
Jan 24, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #1,441 of 2,056
You got a notice of shipping? Wow, your looking at 1-4 weeks hopefully.
More like a notice of pre-shipping...guess I just don't get if the items are in stock , how it can take so long to get to the post office.
Nah, I'm pretty sure what he does is use a UPS meter to print the shipping label when the order is taken. I don't think it has anything to do with actually completing an order for shipment. As far as the in stock DIY parts not getting promptly shipped out, that's a mystery.

Feb 19, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #1,442 of 2,056
I placed an order for bunch of DIY stuff in late Dec. Showed pre shipment but nothing else, it just showed up around Jan 22nd or so. Unfortunately it was missing the center pins for the Eidolic MMCX connectors. I emailed him about some info on solder pots and litz wire and got fast response with good tips, but nothing since acknowledging the missing parts. Tried 2 more emails since then and still zero action or response. Getting pretty asinine waiting this long for such small easy, cheap to ship part and no replies. Despite the helpful info, I don't think I'll be recommending DIY purchases here. Tired of waiting for person's Xmas gift this was supposed to be so they can build their headphone cable when their current cable is shorted out and can't use headphones. Gonna start process of finding other place for Eidolic MMCX connectors and charge back the cost of them and shipping.

Anyone have recommendations on where to buy Eidolic MMCX in the USA?

Also has anyone tried and have comparison of Lavricables DIY pure Ag litz headphone wire?

Feb 19, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #1,443 of 2,056
I placed an order for bunch of DIY stuff in late Dec. Showed pre shipment but nothing else, it just showed up around Jan 22nd or so. Unfortunately it was missing the center pins for the Eidolic MMCX connectors. I emailed him about some info on solder pots and litz wire and got fast response with good tips, but nothing since acknowledging the missing parts. Tried 2 more emails since then and still zero action or response. Getting pretty asinine waiting this long for such small easy, cheap to ship part and no replies. Despite the helpful info, I don't think I'll be recommending DIY purchases here. Tired of waiting for person's Xmas gift this was supposed to be so they can build their headphone cable when their current cable is shorted out and can't use headphones. Gonna start process of finding other place for Eidolic MMCX connectors and charge back the cost of them and shipping.

Anyone have recommendations on where to buy Eidolic MMCX in the USA?

Also has anyone tried and have comparison of Lavricables DIY pure Ag litz headphone wire?
Norne audio, they sell Ediolic part

Feb 20, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #1,444 of 2,056
Unfortunately they do not sell MMCX connectors of any brand/kind. Found a Canadian seller who might have them... for nearly 2 times the price. Furutech has MMCX, but only on their ADL iHP-35M/M-Plus premade cables.

Anyone have any suggestions on other brands/stores that sell good quality DIY MMCX headphone connectors?

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #1,446 of 2,056
Did you try with Plussound or Trition Audio Cable?
I'm having one plussound MMCX, not used but the 2pin plussound is OK, sound at the same level with norne 2pin.

Feb 20, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #1,447 of 2,056
Unfortunately they do not sell MMCX connectors of any brand/kind. Found a Canadian seller who might have them... for nearly 2 times the price. Furutech has MMCX, but only on their ADL iHP-35M/M-Plus premade cables.

Anyone have any suggestions on other brands/stores that sell good quality DIY MMCX headphone connectors?

I would rather pay twice the price and have the product on hand on time.

Feb 21, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #1,448 of 2,056
Opps, somehow got directed to much older part of thread. So disregard.

Yeah if I'd had any idea prior it would take this long and still not be resolved I would have opted the more expensive route but when already nearly into start of 3rd month, time wise it's not making much of a difference. Just giving a Lil bit more time before taking decisive action while waiting for reply from Canadian seller on details and availability.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #1,452 of 2,056
Mar 20, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #1,453 of 2,056
My Black Friday order of the Clone Fusion IEM cable is still not shipped... May switch to Plussound and other brands after this one...

My december order is still not ready to ship... They even don't have patience to answer my emails any more. So sad... Anybody knows what's the matter with dhc? just too busy?

O hell no, I'm glad I read this....

Mar 20, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #1,454 of 2,056
Just for reference... I ordered my Clone Fusion cable November 16, 2018 and received it March 15, 2019. Seventeen weeks from order to delivery (better than the 6 month+ wait time for the previous silver litz I bought a couple years ago). They are awesome cables. Ooze quality, great sound, look awesome, and virtually zero microphonics. I've purchased quite a few cables. Without a doubt the Double Helix OCC Silver Litz and Clone Fusion IEM cables are THE best I've tried. Relatively expensive and a long wait time. But if you can handle that, the cables are some of if not THE best available. Just be aware... you're probably gonna have quite a wait time, and you need to be sure you'll still need it by the time it arrives. But even so... the cables are without a doubt awesome quality... the best of the best. Worth the wait if you're so inclined.

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #1,455 of 2,056
Just for reference... I ordered my Clone Fusion cable November 16, 2018 and received it March 15, 2019. Seventeen weeks from order to delivery (better than the 6 month+ wait time for the previous silver litz I bought a couple years ago). They are awesome cables. Ooze quality, great sound, look awesome, and virtually zero microphonics. I've purchased quite a few cables. Without a doubt the Double Helix OCC Silver Litz and Clone Fusion IEM cables are THE best I've tried. Relatively expensive and a long wait time. But if you can handle that, the cables are some of if not THE best available. Just be aware... you're probably gonna have quite a wait time, and you need to be sure you'll still need it by the time it arrives. But even so... the cables are without a doubt awesome quality... the best of the best. Worth the wait if you're so inclined.
I have the Clone and I absolutely agree with you that it’s a great cable.
What I cannot understand is the lack of customer service, it’s absolutely impossible to get in touch with Peter, and your only way to get a reply is to send him an email every day for 10 days, this is not the way to do business.
I buy cables from Effect Audio, PW audio, Plussound and they are really great to follow up with their clientele.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back