Double Helix Cables Thread
Oct 13, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #1,411 of 2,056
Ref 8 is an uncoloured cable, which is why I like it. It has a slight U shaped accent, boosting treble and bass extension but that's it. The signature remains the same, it just adds technicality: separation, detail, soundstage width and length. I imagine the differences are slight enough to perhaps not show up on 846 at all. They're small (8%?) on u18 too,but still noticeable. My favourite cable thus far. I'm interested in clone fusion precisely because people say it doesn't affect treble at all. Hoping for note weight and a little more warmth, and of course those technicalities.

Oct 21, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #1,412 of 2,056
Got my cables back from the tune up 3 days ago, and I must say I'm disappointed. I've sent in 2 cables, 1 came back perfect, while the other one had flaws. The first one was that the eidolic plug was scratched up and the connector itself has scratches on it. The other issue I had was with the 2 pin. It fit on loosely with my iem, and when tested with my other cable, it fits perfectly. Sent in an inquiry about what can be done but no response.

Oct 30, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #1,413 of 2,056
Hey WayneWoondirts -- so how is that u18 DHC clone fusion combo sounding? My reference points at the u18 with janus dynamic (effect audio) and Reference 8 (ALO).

Any impressions are much appreciated

Seems like he is not responding:frowning2: I am also very interested in this pairing because I had some good experience with a cable that looks like a copper-silver one with A18
I have a SPV3 from Peter, but finding it not a good pair with A18 due to too neutral vocal and not wide enough sound stage.
I am also considering EA's EROS II, but DHC's ergonomics are unmatched...Will probably order the clone fusion on Black Friday...

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #1,414 of 2,056
Very sorry for the fails guys. I'm still here, but last month got more backed up from a wrist sprain that slowed me down a lot and took forever to improve at all (literally fell walking up my driveway carrying a toddler, at least my kid was fine, while I got a wrist & ankle sprain and the kiddo jumped off me onto the lawn). I put the refund policy front & center on the main store page -- if you're waiting patiently I really appreciate it but you definitely don't have to. If I miss an email resend it, I'm going through to look for emails I missed. Cables are our one and only job so we're in it for the long haul, we don't want to take anyone's money or hold onto it against their wishes.

Side note, CBD oil works pretty well for joint injuries, and it's legal around the world, and has no side effects. It took about 3 weeks to do anything, but if I don't take it, the wrist gets unusable again, so I know it's doing something.

Peter would you say the clone fusion is better in vocal emotions and sound stage than SPV3?

Oct 31, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #1,415 of 2,056
Seems like he is not responding:frowning2: I am also very interested in this pairing because I had some good experience with a cable that looks like a copper-silver one with A18
I have a SPV3 from Peter, but finding it not a good pair with A18 due to too neutral vocal and not wide enough sound stage.
I am also considering EA's EROS II, but DHC's ergonomics are unmatched...Will probably order the clone fusion on Black Friday...

I did, but via PM. Sorry.
Here's what I wrote him:

the pairing indeed is excellent. The 18 gets a notch thicker in its lower mids to me. Bass is more punchy and dynamic. Overall gained some texture und contures. The A18 to me seems to be even more precise. Not sure if the sound stage got wider, deeper or higher. highs sound a bit cleaner and brighter to my ears. not a significant change in coloration though.

Oct 31, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #1,416 of 2,056
I did, but via PM. Sorry.
Here's what I wrote him:

the pairing indeed is excellent. The 18 gets a notch thicker in its lower mids to me. Bass is more punchy and dynamic. Overall gained some texture und contures. The A18 to me seems to be even more precise. Not sure if the sound stage got wider, deeper or higher. highs sound a bit cleaner and brighter to my ears. not a significant change in coloration though.
Thanks! Do you feel the vocal gets more emotional? e.g. warmer, more organic or at least less dry. cause I found A18 to be too dry pairing with the pure silver SPV3.

Nov 8, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #1,423 of 2,056
Very sorry for the fails guys. I'm still here, but last month got more backed up from a wrist sprain that slowed me down a lot and took forever to improve at all (literally fell walking up my driveway carrying a toddler, at least my kid was fine, while I got a wrist & ankle sprain and the kiddo jumped off me onto the lawn). I put the refund policy front & center on the main store page -- if you're waiting patiently I really appreciate it but you definitely don't have to. If I miss an email resend it, I'm going through to look for emails I missed. Cables are our one and only job so we're in it for the long haul, we don't want to take anyone's money or hold onto it against their wishes.

Side note, CBD oil works pretty well for joint injuries, and it's legal around the world, and has no side effects. It took about 3 weeks to do anything, but if I don't take it, the wrist gets unusable again, so I know it's doing something.

I ordered the cable in late June, It's been more than 4 months. What should i do? I try to send email but still no answers until now.

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #1,425 of 2,056
For Giveaway 12 we have something special: An Elite 19 interconnect by Double Helix Cables. This one is made for this giveaway and you can win it by subscribing to the giveaway and leaving a comment on the article. Now on Headfonia. Good luck!

https://www.headfonia.com/giveaway-12-dhc-elite-19/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back