Double Helix Cables Thread
Apr 9, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #916 of 2,043
I have contacted him twice through the website, and he responded the same day on both occasions. I would just keep trying.

Still waiting for my Molecule cables for close to 5 months... but I SHOULD be getting them any day now.

Apr 9, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #917 of 2,043
Hmm, you could email him rather than use the website contact page, or on Twitter send him a Direct Tweet...
Email address:
doublehelixcables[at]gmail[dot]com

I am sorry for the issues your having and do hope they get resolved.

Thanks to all who are trying to help me out. Ill try contacting him through this email address. 

It's kinda hard to believe that when you are willing to spend the kind of money we are for what is in fact a wire with a couple of connectors, that customer service is this bad.  I cant believe that people are lining up to spend nearly $400.00 for an earphone cable to allow such crappy customer service. And the wait time...don't get me started!

Apr 9, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #918 of 2,043

Hmm, you could email him rather than use the website contact page, or on Twitter send him a Direct Tweet...
Email address:

Thanks to all who are trying to help me out. Ill try contacting him through this email address. 

It's kinda hard to believe that when you are willing to spend the kind of money we are for what is in fact a wire with a couple of connectors, that customer service is this bad.  I cant believe that people are lining up to spend nearly $400.00 for an earphone cable to allow such crappy customer service. And the wait time...don't get me started!

sometimes you will find grease gets a better roll than anything else. I have always gotten a same day response using this technique. plus its not like we didn't know, if you read his opening page or read this thread or in my case been a repeat customer, how long it takes. read about dhc and peter on Facebook and some reviews to get a handle on what you are about to receive and why. 400 bucks is not a lot in the scheme of his offerings, some like myself have 4-6 times that on order.  my plea is stop ordering and let him work on the folks orders that are not freaking out. 
lets all ohm ma pad me hum a bit, patience is a virtue and yes if you can't stand the wait, there are other cable guys. 

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #919 of 2,043
Email address:

Well, emailing him at the address you provided worked like a charm! He responded within an hour and said "your order should be completed within the next two weeks". I really appreciate knowing what the order status is since it will be weeks beyond the already really long 16 weeks wait time. Looking forward to receiving my cable in the near future. Thanks again.

Apr 10, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #920 of 2,043

Email address:

Well, emailing him at the address you provided worked like a charm! He responded within an hour and said "your order should be completed within the next two weeks". I really appreciate knowing what the order status is since it will be weeks beyond the already really long 16 weeks wait time. Looking forward to receiving my cable in the near future. Thanks again.

Good to hear, sorry for my sermon everyone.:beerchug:

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #921 of 2,043

Gave a reputation but just thought to say awesome!

I'm glad I could help out.

Peter really has a lot of stuff going on, including working on cables, and the has made clear that these delays are actually normal. Most owners of DHC are aware of this too, and it's mentioned on his website.

However, I throughly believe that it is worth it. His cables are world class, backed by actual engineering that can be validated, and aren't costing you the Earth with snake oil garbage.

Cables are to do two things, pass a signal, and reduce noise.
Talk of cables having different sonics is attributed to how well cables reduce noise.
Noise is audible and can affect sound reproduction in various ways, of different magnitudes, and with different results.
How one perceives the noise is another factor (physiological differences).

So, for me, DHC is king because he reduces noise better than almost anyone else bar none, meaning greater clarity in my music, and my devices having less work to do playing back unwanted noise and more work on amplifying a sound signal from a source.

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #922 of 2,043

Peter really has a lot of stuff going on, including working on cables, and the has made clear that these delays are actually normal. Most owners of DHC are aware of this too, and it's mentioned on his website.

However, I throughly believe that it is worth it. His cables are world class, backed by actual engineering that can be validated, and aren't costing you the Earth with snake oil garbage.

Talk of cables having different sonics is attributed to how well cables reduce noise.
Noise is audible and can affect sound reproduction in various ways, of different magnitudes, and with different results.

So, for me, DHC is king because he reduces noise better than almost anyone else bar none, meaning greater clarity in my music, and my devices having less work to do playing back unwanted noise and more work on amplifying a sound signal from a source.

Again, thanks for the help in reaching him. I am very excited about receiving the cable. And if it is as good as everyone says it is, I will be ordering more....and understanding it will take some time to receive it!

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #923 of 2,043
Again, thanks for the help in reaching him. I am very excited about receiving the cable. And if it is as good as everyone says it is, I will be ordering more....and understanding it will take some time to receive it!

No problems dude, there's always someone from this community who will help.

I am sure you'll enjoy the cables, or more accurately, the greater noise reduction they offer, giving in turn masterful clarity and articulation of music :wink:

(Btw, you quoted me twice in your comment...hugs to you!) ^^

Apr 10, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #924 of 2,043
No problems dude, there's always someone from this community who will help.

I am sure you'll enjoy the cables, or more accurately, the greater noise reduction they offer, giving in turn masterful clarity and articulation of music
wink.gif

(Btw, you quoted me twice in your comment...hugs to you!) ^^

Boy you guys were sure right on about Peter. I decided today to get an order in for another cable since the one I ordered back in December should be here by the end of this month. Peter emailed me today and refunded my $8.00 shipping charge, and told me he were send both of my cables together! Class act. I cant wait to receive them.  

Apr 10, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #925 of 2,043
Boy you guys were sure right on about Peter. I decided today to get an order in for another cable since the one I ordered back in December should be here by the end of this month. Peter emailed me today and refunded my $8.00 shipping charge, and told me he were send both of my cables together! Class act. I cant wait to receive them.  

I'm really glad. Peter is super cool, just busy.

However I'm glad you've got a resolution.

What cable did you order this time and for what gear?
Same questions but for your Dec cable too.

Apr 10, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #926 of 2,043
great my dec order could be next 
wink_face.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #927 of 2,043
I'm really glad. Peter is super cool, just busy.

However I'm glad you've got a resolution.

What cable did you order this time and for what gear?
Same questions but for your Dec cable too.

In December I ordered the silver cable with 3.5mm (the one for $409.00), and today I ordered the silver/copper 2.5mm (the one that is $339.00). I have the Questyle DAP that uses the 3.5mm Single End, and the Onkyo DAP that has balanced out using a 2.5mm connector. What differences should I expect in the sound between these two cables? 

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #928 of 2,043

In December I ordered the silver cable with 3.5mm (the one for $409.00), and today I ordered the silver/copper 2.5mm (the one that is $339.00). I have the Questyle DAP that uses the 3.5mm Single End, and the Onkyo DAP that has balanced out using a 2.5mm connector. What differences should I expect in the sound between these two cables? 

man ur iem's 2-pin sockets are gonna get looooose
ph34r.gif

should've went for the balance 1st, add a 2.5mm to 3.5mm ultrashort adapter and job done
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #929 of 2,043
great my dec order could be next :wink_face:

As long as you keep in friendly contact with Peter you should be good.

Remember for next time what to expect, and you'll get more from him than you'll ever dream!

Well I've not tried the Questyle (which one you've got, QP1 or the bloody amazing QP1R?) against the Onkyo DP-X1 (which I own), but I own three cables to use with my DP-X1.
I also have an 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm ultrashort adapter for two of my balanced cables.

Here's my morning setup btw with Audeze EL8 Titanium, DP-X1 in balanced AGC mode, and DHC Molecule Elite Fusion 4-Wire balanced cable (listening to Underworld's 'Barbara Barbara, We Face A Shining Future'; the track 'If Rah' sounds KILLER!):

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/n6f3yLHifFI[/VIDEO]

man ur iem's 2-pin sockets are gonna get looooose:ph34r:

should've went for the balance 1st, add a 2.5mm to 3.5mm ultrashort adapter and job done:p

I agree, but last year I bought my DHC Molecule Elite Fusion 4-Wire cable, terminated in 3.5 mm Eidolic connector, for my now discontinued 2015 Audeze EL8 closed back headphones.

This year I sent it off to DHC to re-terminate with a 2.5 mm Eidolic balanced connector, and got an ultrashort.
This was so I could use my my EL8 Ti (part of 2016 EL8 series) and Onkyo DP-X1 DAP.

Peter can re-terminate most of his cables as a customer's setup changes, just email email him ^^

And though I posted my cables before, my 2-Pin IEM cable is DHC Symbiote SP Fusion 8-Wire balanced :D

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #930 of 2,043
turns out an audio shop in Hong Kong has ordered quite a lot of cables some time around October XD
that might be the reason why all your orders got held up :p
but don't worry, that order has been fulfilled :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back