Double Helix Cables Thread
Aug 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #256 of 2,043
Quote:
Oh, hmm that is true, I really like the way the fusion looks, but there are also so few impressions on how it sounds. On the other hand the twag has more impressions on its sq, but the fusion is cheaper, what do you think about the fusions compared to your other cables?

Asking people will only be of little assistance to you, especially if most people don't have the cables to compare. From experience, there's nothing wrong with going with DHC, especially the service Peter inputs towards both his loyal and potential customers. I trust DHC's quality materials and Peter's exceptional talent, and with simple pictures as reference, you should too considering how these cables often look better IRL than in pictures.

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #263 of 2,043
Just wanted to chime in and mention that I just last night received my new fusion cable (oyiade straight rhodium termination) for my UE 10 CIEMs, and am very pleased.  Obviously the cable is not as supple nor as thin as the stock cable, but it somehow has a lower profile than I thought it would have going by photos, and it is more supple than I anticipated.  In all the cable is very comfortable and very manageable and is a great performer.  My IEM's sound appreciably better out of each source I've tried. There is more detail and a more open sound; I now hear as through a clearer window into the music.  The fusion cables are pricey, but I'm well pleased with the improvement, and am happy to have them.  Peter does great work, and I would add myself to the growing list of supporters.

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #264 of 2,043
  Just wanted to chime in and mention that I just last night received my new fusion cable (oyiade straight rhodium termination) for my UE 10 CIEMs, and am very pleased.  Obviously the cable is not as supple nor as thin as the stock cable, but it somehow has a lower profile than I thought it would have going by photos, and it is more supple than I anticipated.  In all the cable is very comfortable and very manageable and is a great performer.  My IEM's sound appreciably better out of each source I've tried. There is more detail and a more open sound; I now hear as through a clearer window into the music.  The fusion cables are pricey, but I'm well pleased with the improvement, and am happy to have them.  Peter does great work, and I would add myself to the growing list of supporters.

DHC cables are always described like this. :D

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #265 of 2,043

Pictures! 
smile.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #266 of 2,043

DHC cables are always described like this. :D

Right.  It's all true!!  Peter was great to work with, prompt responses by email, etc.  This is my first foray into aftermarket IEM cables, and I guess I just wanted to shoot for the top and be done with it, and can simply chime in that I'm a happy customer.  Now I guess I'll just have to 'burn' the cables in.  I'll post my findings if I notice any significant changes/improvement.  It's precisely because of all those similar posts to mine that I chose Double Helix.  I was beginning to doubt my UE 10's, thinking they were outdated (TOTL 6 years ago), but they are sounding quite good with this addition.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #269 of 2,043
I ordered in early August. I made some changes too. At first, I ordered based on hooking it up to my HP-P1. Then I added an SR-71B to the rig, so I changed my connector to balanced, and added another cable to use as a mini from the HP to the 71B. Pete was patient with me and always quick to respond as I made alterations along the way, so he gets a big star for that.
biggrin.gif

Did you have to wait a while?

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #270 of 2,043
  I ordered in early August. I made some changes too. At first, I ordered based on hooking it up to my HP-P1. Then I added an SR-71B to the rig, so I changed my connector to balanced, and added another cable to use as a mini from the HP to the 71B. Pete was patient with me and always quick to respond as I made alterations along the way, so he gets a big star for that.
biggrin.gif

Did you have to wait a while?

Just ordered mine a few days ago!  
biggrin.gif
 If you get yours this week that means I have hope of getting it in early october! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back