Things to like
- From a big picture perspective, a very pleasing sound that won't offend
- Mids have a safe level of forwardness in the centre-mids (neither too forward or recessed)
- Upper-mids have a good level of vibrancy for a laidback IEM - sounds natural and strays far away from shouty territory
- Ideal for casual listening - very easy-going
- Very affordable safe gift for non-audiophile friends who'll probably love them to bits (safe tuning and bullet-shaped wearing style)
What could be better?
- Prominent mid-bass is markedly one-note
- Upper-bass bleed creates a slight veil
- Classic single DD lower-treble dominance
- Resolution and imaging could be better even for twenty dollars, as the sub ten dollar TRN MT1 and CS1 have these beat in that aspect
- Inoffensive sound could leave some people wanting more (e.g. bass rumble and slam, cleaner mids, more vocal clarity, better treble extension, better technicalities…)
- Very safe tuning plants it in the category of "nothing special"