1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Don't let me buy these, need help with lightweight suggestions (around ear headphones)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by johnstephen95, Jan 27, 2013.
  1. Johnstephen95
    I need some suggestions for around ear headphones. I just purchased the ATH- M50s from Audio Technica a couple days ago, but I don't find them very comfortable.
    What I am using them for:
    - Listening for long hours
    - Small amounts of video editing (less important to my purchase)

What I am looking for:
    - lightweight (less than 9 oz)
    - good sound
    - durable, good build quality

My price range is 100-250 dollars, most comfortable with the price of the M50s.

I found the bose ae2's extremely comfortable, and they are on the top of my list so far

2. wolfetan44
    Beyer DT770.

3. Maker
    Quote:

+1

4. Johnstephen95
    They aren't too heavy?

5. wolfetan44
    Quote:
    Oh no, they are known for being one of the most comfy headphones ever made. I have the DT880 and have worn them for 8 hours straight with no discomfort.

6. Maker
    I´m getting DT 770 le at tuesday or wednesday, i´ll tell you how they are :)

7. Johnstephen95
    sweet! Yeah, you'll have to let me know how they sound :D

8. Johnstephen95
    how is the sound quality?

9. wolfetan44
    Quote:
    Haven't heard them. But, they have a nice bass thump and are a good all-rounder for music. 

10. Johnstephen95
    sweet, thank you

11. Daymun
    The Beyer's sound fantastic. I have the LE's. Review is up here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-dt770-pro-limited-edition-32-ohm/reviews/7137