Don't Crucify Me! Gilmore Lite (DT880,..) Sounds Like a Very Fine 'TRANSISTOR' Radio!
Apr 5, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #106 of 117
Please, folks, if entertainment through stupidity is what you want, I beg you to seek it in another set of forums. Head-Fi is fairly rare (in my experience, anyway) in the relatively high quality of adult discourse normally maintained here. I'd really like to see it maintain that quality of discourse. I believe there are many members - those who write thoughtful, informed and measured posts and who respond in kind to those posts by others - who likewise feel that adult conversation has more entertainment value than juvenalia.

There are lots of places on the net that happily support the trolling-is-fun ethos. There's no need to bring it here as well.

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #107 of 117
Sorry dude. I was here first.
biggrin.gif
:p

Apr 5, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #109 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Mark,

If you go to Adam's profile there's a little button there that will allow you to enjoy this thread a great deal more (aka see Akwok's post).

Nate

Hmmm, I added him to my buddy list and the thread doesn't seem to have improved!
confused.gif

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #110 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by radrd
Hahaha. Go ahead and ignore me. Seriously, I'm pretty much just a troll at this point. Sooner or later I'll go a little too far and get banned again. No biggie.

Wasn't referring to you back there
wink.gif
This thread nearly deserves to be trolled.

Apr 5, 2006 at 11:04 AM Post #112 of 117
This guy has much bigger problems than his rig not sounding good.
I think a lot of good advice has been given: improve your source inexpensively (probably a Chinese DAC) or change your headphones (although many people focused on the DT880, while the dude was also referring to 595 that he owns).
Still the best advice would probably be: get some therapy

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:25 PM Post #113 of 117
Quote:

Still the best advice would probably be: get some therapy

That's a good idea for a lounge thread. Adam, would you do me a big favor and post one of those generally annoying "my life sucks, please help me figure out what the problem is" threads in the lounge? Normally I skip right over those, or at most drop in to contemplate taking a cheap shot at the person, but for you, I would definitely give it a read and probably respond.

Apr 5, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #114 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by radrd
Not me. His are pretty much the only ones I read, and that's because they are stupid. The rest are just re-treads of the same crap we've all been posting about for the past five years. His are crazy trainwrecks that always seem to bring out the best in people. Mostly I just come here for the free entertainment.

I wish that were true. His posts are retreads of the same dumb threads I've seen in audio, motorcycle, car, and every other type of forum I've visited. I don't need to see them again, here.

Apr 10, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #115 of 117
Since some of us, no matter how many or few, cannot voice any criticisms
about Gilmore Lite's sound signature I started another thread recently:
'Poll: Do Your Ears Perceive ...'
This poll is meant to filter out only those whose ears perceive GL's sound as being: metallic, thin, bright, and dry.
This poll is not oriented on some obvious positives of the GL's sound.

Post Scriptum
What I have learnt from this thread, and other threads as well, is that there is
a group audio-hooligans or simply audio-mob who cannot and will not accept
any criticism. Obviously it is a waste of time and energy to get involved
in any constructive argument with them. They are here to intimidate and insult
people for whatever reason. Period.

Another group of so called audio-fanatics is a group of people who don't accept
criticisms and negative opinions of other people. They often react impulsively.
They preach the maxim of
'If you are not with us, you are against us!'

Finally, an overwhelming majority on this site are people open
to criticisms and negative opinions and are ready to argue in a civilized way.
They agree to disagree.

Have a nice spring break and Happy Easter!

Sincerely,
580smile.gif

Adam

Apr 10, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #116 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamCalifornia
Since some of us, no matter how many or few, cannot voice any criticisms
about Gilmore Lite's sound signature I started another thread recently:
'Poll: Do Your Ears Perceive ...'
This poll is meant to filter out only those whose ears perceive GL's sound as being: metallic, thin, bright, and dry.
This poll is not oriented on some obvious positives of the GL's sound.

Adam, question, in this thread many have replied that the experience you had differed from their own. Anyone who's been listening to headphones for a while, and who has been on this board for a while (and you have >400 posts so I assume you read a reasonable # of posts here) understands that the combination of source material + player + cables + amp + phones + ears + grey matter differs massively. Given that, and as a person who has neither heard (and is not defending) the GL or the DT880, why did you feel the need to create yet another post? Regardless of the tone of responses defending the GL, it seems very obvious that your experiences are not uniformly shared amongst all other members. Fine, so you got responses to your original query. To summarize, many don't attribute the sound signature you do to the GL, a few do. For you, you didn't like the sound, no problem with that. I would have guessed that someone in your shoes would have said "ok, the GL is not for me, let me ask what other amp might work" and gone on with life.

I think your summarization does not accurately reflect the posts contain within. Few (if any) have said "you're wrong, you didn't hear that". Many have said "that's not been my experience". Others have given suggestions on what might be leading to your experiences. Most of the truely negative comments have been about the method in which you are using to communicate, and not your experience. You may want to ask yourself, why exactly are you continueing to egg this on? What, in the end, are you hoping to gain? You've received opinions and suggestions, what else are you looking for at this point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back