Donnie Darko.
Mar 3, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #31 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You obviously didn't get the movie.

The movie is open to multiple interpretations, the director himself doesn't deny alternative interpretations, some things happen for no reason, and some paradoxes are not explained. That's what I was getting at. The Wikipedia article discusses some of this... it's not just me blabbering on:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnie_Darko
I suspect that if you think you "got" the movie completely, you really didn't get the movie.

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #35 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh? I prefer to watch Saw, the first one.

Ugh, that movie really, really sucks. It's only trumped by the second. They will fool me no more, I won't go anywhere near this brutal franchise ever again.

Loved Donnie Darko the first time I saw it. Didn't fully understand it until I saw it a second time and filled in some of the holes, but was pretty close. Odd mix of humor laced into a fairly grim story which is usually hard to pull off (atleast I think so).

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #36 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that that song by Gary jules was the best thing in the film...
plainface.gif

And it's also the only Gary Jules song I can actually listen to.
plainface.gif

Mar 4, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #38 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Donnie Darko is a great movie. I still haven't watched the Director's Cut even though I have it on DVD. Do you think it's better or worse than the original version?

I also enjoyed this movie. I've seen some extended/deleted scenes (which I assume would make a Director's Cut, I could be wrong) which tried to add a religious meaning that the movie doesn't really have or need. Wasn't for me, but some may like.

Mar 4, 2007 at 11:26 AM Post #39 of 46
That bunny, Frank, is without doubt the most scary thing I ever saw!
But the movie was great, rather confusing also; especially if you are so scared of the scenes with the bunny you have to look away :p I seriously missed a good part of it...

Mar 4, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #40 of 46
for fans of donnie darko, see "the machinist", which takes a similar idea and goes very dark with it. this film has scenes that linger in the imagination like the best of cronenberg or lynch.

Mar 4, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #41 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for fans of donnie darko, see "the machinist", which takes a similar idea and goes very dark with it. this film has scenes that linger in the imagination like the best of cronenberg or lynch.

OMG.

I saw this movie before, loved it as well.

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #42 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG.

I saw this movie before, loved it as well.

the guy with the lobster-claw hands and shovel teeth was just too much. bale looked like the living dead.

Mar 4, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #43 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And it's also the only Gary Jules song I can actually listen to.
plainface.gif

I don't agree, I'm sorry...
I bought his album at a time when money was no object for me (?!) and only played that track...
Years later I listened to the complete album, and find it not so bad...

Mar 4, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #45 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't agree that it's the only song of his I can listen to?
blink.gif

Ok, you're right, I do agree with you...
plainface.gif

I'm not that big a dictator!
biggrin.gif

It's been 25 years that I left school, so my English is a bit ahum...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back