Donnie Darko.
Mar 3, 2007 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

wafflesomd

500+ Head-Fier
This is a rather useless thread.

But I just recently saw Donnie Darko for the first time last week. Since then, I have watched it 7 times.

I don't know what it is, may it be the story, the deepness, the music, or the fact that everything in this movie fits together perfectly, that I am so hooked on it.

I have actually managed to understand the movie, which most people seem to have trouble with.

This movie had me on my the edge of my seat, with my jaw open, just wondering what was going to happen next.

And Frank, he is the scariest thing I could ever imagine encountering.

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 46
I'll have to watch it again. I remember not liking it after several friends recommended it based on my general movie preferences.

Any thoughts on what I should keep in mind while watching it?

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #3 of 46
I got that movie for my sister for Christmas. I feel like watching it now. I haven't yet. Thanks for the reminder
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #4 of 46
if you are having trouble understand maybe watch the directors cut, it makes the story more apparent.

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #5 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleisgreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you are having trouble understand maybe watch the directors cut, it makes the story more apparent.

This is highly recommended.

Mar 3, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #6 of 46
I've never understood what the hype is with this film. I found it prosaic and slightly creepy.

Mar 3, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #7 of 46
I take great umbrage to insinuations that metal illness is some type of higher consciousness or plane of existence. That type of mysticism cheapens what mental illness is and the people who's lives it ruins.

Please don't let my jag ruin a movie you like however. I just have to be a blow-hard sometimes!
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #9 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally i think this film was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy over rated by a lot of people.

I never knew it was all that revered. My ex-girlfriend brought it over to watch one night. I found it slightly amusing, but it's definately not a quality film like Anchorman or... uh... Supertroopers.

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #10 of 46
my lit teacher likes that movie
he even has a poster of frank on his wall

i watched that movie last summer...i was in my down period after a "relationship" ended

donnie darko is one of my favorite movies, but edward scissorhands trumps it, imo

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #11 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i watched that movie last summer...i was in my down period after a "relationship" ended

donnie darko is one of my favorite movies, but edward scissorhands trumps it, imo

Oh, wow! I can't believe you even mention those two movies in the same sentence! That's just awful! Sorry... I'm embarrassed... that was uncalled for.

Seriously though, Edward Scissorhands is my favorite movie from my childhood. It was scary, funny, sad, everything to me.

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #12 of 46
It's a great movie. I wouldn't waste too much brainpower probing for deeper meaning, it plays well as a comedy. An intelligent one, though, and I find Frank creepy.

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #13 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never knew it was all that revered. My ex-girlfriend brought it over to watch one night. I found it slightly amusing, but it's definately not a quality film like Anchorman or... uh... Supertroopers.

Indeed. I'm sick of hearing qoutes from those movies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was never a fan of that movie, it just meant nothing to me, made me feel nothing.

Mar 3, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #14 of 46
i liked it. it was wierd enough and the lead was convincing. only the ending was a bit explodey for my tastes.

Mar 3, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #15 of 46
I can hardly even hear mention of this movie without wanting to play Gears of War anymore
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back