Dongle or bluetooth dac/amps with 3.5mm inline mic pass through
Jun 23, 2022 at 8:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

caseybill

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm just trying to set up a list of possible Bluetooth or dongle DAC/AMPs that have a 3.5mm mic pass through ,rather than or in addition to a mic on the unit. My idea is that it's something you can have connected to your phone, and then use them with a headset on PC for video calls, etc.

So far,
CREATIVE SXFI AMP
Quedelix 5K (although I had problems getting my PC to recognize this)
THX Onyx

Any other good options?

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi,

I'm just trying to set up a list of possible Bluetooth or dongle DAC/AMPs that have a 3.5mm mic pass through ,rather than or in addition to a mic on the unit. My idea is that it's something you can have connected to your phone, and then use them with a headset on PC for video calls, etc.

So far,
CREATIVE SXFI AMP
Quedelix 5K (although I had problems getting my PC to recognize this)

Any other good options?

FiiO BTR3K and BTR5 support inline mics as well, but only in BT mode IIRC.

Jun 29, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #4 of 7
DDhifi TC35 and TC35PRO Support inline mics.. Apart from those I've hardly come across any dongles that support inline mics.. N yeah it used to be frustrating at times cuz I had to disconnect the dongle while answering calls (on my phone). Figured out it is more convenient to use BT dacamps or BT headsets for music and calls on my phone.
Using BTR3K, UTWS-5 or Aonic 50 with my phone these days. 🙃

Jun 29, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #5 of 7
Yeah, this seems to be the missing link - the bluetooth ones will do mic pass through but only in BT mode. For the dongle dacs I don't know why this isn't a standard feature. Really reduces the functionality on PC.

For mic pass-through, you will need an ADC to convert the analog sound to digital signal. Now almost all BT chip has an ADC built inside the chip iitself, so the manufacturer only need a bit more circuit to do mic pass-through (though often they will only do on-board mic because that's easier and cheaper to do). USB dongle on the other hand is different as many only has a DAC inside but not an ADC. An integrated DAC+ADC chip is known as a 'codec' chip, but they are usually not particularly high performance on pure audio output purpose so USB dongle manufacturer will knot use them, thus you don't find many USB dongle that can do mic pass-through as there is no ADC inside.

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #7 of 7
I've been trying to find the same. You can add Hiby FC1, FC3 and Hidizs S3 Pro to the list. Also, Questyle M12 supports microphone pass-through but NOT M15. None of the Cayin DAC/Amps I looked at do, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back