Donald Fagen's Morph the Cat
Mar 24, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
Wonder how come someone said that? He supposedly approved the test pressing.

Maybe they meant it being released at the same time as the cd? I'm not sure. Thanks for the link.
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 11:28 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
I really like "Morph The Cat." Gordie said it best. Music similar to classic Steely Dan, sound quality is not phenomenal, but it is quite good...

Got this the other day with the hi-res DVD-A - For those with such inclinations the disc includes DVD-A hi-res mixes in 5.1 & stereo - there are also DD5.1 & DTS tracks - I have only heard the DTS mix and it's superb (mind you it was mixed by Eliott Scheiner who is the best in the business!)
Content-wise I found it quite similar to the later Steely Dan & Fagen's "Nightfly" ... Paul
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #19 of 25
Picked up my CD copy this weekend, don't feel like waiting on the LP.
Gave it a listen, and the sound is pretty impressive. Need to play again since I was getting sleepy and wasn't able to finish it.
TR

Apr 8, 2006 at 8:01 AM Post #20 of 25
Yeah i love "Morph The Cat", very similar to "Two Against Nature" and "Everything Must Go".

Sound quality is great too, typically high standard as usual from one of the Dan guys.

Favorite tracks: "Security Joan" & "Mary Shut The Garden Door"
Least favorite: "Brite Nitegown", should have been cut from the album imho.

Apr 12, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #21 of 25
I got the Redbook. WHOOAA!!!
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif
The bass is an order of magnitude above Kakamyriad. I have to practically turn off the subwoofer in my car to not overpower the treble. But yet its not really out of balance, its just supersaturated. I can't explain it.

But with headphones its another story. HD650's to SR-71 creates [size=large]unbelievable[/size] synergy. I have heard absolutley no other album that serves as such a benefactor to this rig. The only album that comes close is Indestructible from Art Blakey. But that is for the high end, not bass.

Fagen and Steely Dan are about 80% of why I started a headphone obsession in the first place. But this is the most captivating material post "Citizen" box set.

*************HD650 OWNERS***************
I COMMAND YOU TO BUY THIS ALBUM.

May 30, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #23 of 25
noone ever got back on here about the vinyl "morph the cat". it is even better than the redbook, crasy good. gotta love that from a digital recording.

I also love the Ray Davies solo album, but the vinyl sucks. i was so p.o.'d I trashed the sucker. frisbeed it right to hell. maybe somebody'll do a decent pressing of it, but the current commercial realease was just garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back