Does your head ever get REALLY itchy sometimes?
Feb 5, 2006 at 12:09 PM Post #16 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I only get this sometimes..... when I wear Grado's
evil_smiley.gif

Zing!!!

Not funny by the way.
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2006 at 12:29 PM Post #17 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Quado, let's put it this way: Every time I read your posts, I find myself scratching my head. Maybe it's catching or something.
tongue.gif

P.S. no offense dude, but you are 16 going on 6.
rolleyes.gif

QFT.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Feb 5, 2006 at 12:46 PM Post #18 of 46
What you describe sounds familiar to me. I think sometimes I itch all over when I'm in a stressful situation too (but not to the degree with which you describe), and I usually attribute it to the stress-induced sweat interacting with the dead skin cells on my body or scalp. Usually only happens if I haven't showered for a day or so--but that is rarely the case, as I shower twice a day.
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2006 at 2:29 PM Post #19 of 46
Try not to wash your head more then once a day (in tropical weather). Maybe 2 days once in non tropical weather?

My itch went away as I was overwashing my hair. Even my oily scalp condition subsided quite a bit soon after. using a high quality shampoo could help too instead of Proctor and Gamble's stuff
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2006 at 4:11 PM Post #20 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quado
Sometimes when I'm in a sort of stressful situation, and using up a lot of energy doing something confusing or hard to accomplish or whatever...my head and basically my upper body just becomes ITCHY. I don't get it...does anyone know what that's all about? One time it was hot outside and I was stressed and wanted to do other stuff if you know what I mean, but then all of the hair on my head just became so itchy, that it was kind of scary in a way (just annoying or something). So itchy that I was scratching a whole lot, even in public. It probably looked like I was washing my hair or taking a shower or something. Anyways, I thought that it was sort of funny. Yeah...I'm running out of things to talk about on this site, oh well (and this was probably already discussed for all I care, but I'm usually too lazy to search)...tee-hee

Edit: Ahh, just searched...I guess no one discussed this then, heh heh.

The same thing happens to me when I get really embarassed or creeped out (like a wierd dog that starts following you when you're walking home). I'm sure its psychological. Even if you go to a doctor all they're going to look for is inflimation and if the symptom isn't occuring at the time that they're seeing it then there will be nothing that they can do.

Feb 5, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #21 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by twc5964
Might be instantaneous stress kicking in causing your problem.

I agree here totally, when I'm really stressed up I get cold sweats and an itchy head.... so stressed at the moment I'm itching, sweating and have a cold sore developing.... stress can cause a lot of unexplained ailments.

Feb 5, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #22 of 46
Ha ha, I have a feeling I'll get banned here eventually... But anyways, I remember that I was wearing a cap to block the sunlight or something, and I think it was probably kind of tight too...like I would take it off to scratch, then put it back on, and go back and forth. That was when it was the worst, but sometimes I get it when I'm doing something physically and mentally stressful...like when I dropped a pan behind the drawer at the bottom of the oven and my hand could barely reach it...I don't know. Yeah, I'm an idiot, ha hah (I guess it could be because of heredity?? I don't know...lol)... When I came back here, I expected this thread to be deleted and I would be banned...oh well!

Feb 6, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #24 of 46
Quote:

Ha ha, I have a feeling I'll get banned here eventually... But anyways, I remember that I was wearing a cap to block the sunlight or something, and I think it was probably kind of tight too...like I would take it off to scratch, then put it back on, and go back and forth. That was when it was the worst, but sometimes I get it when I'm doing something physically and mentally stressful...like when I dropped a pan behind the drawer at the bottom of the oven and my hand could barely reach it...I don't know. Yeah, I'm an idiot, ha hah (I guess it could be because of heredity?? I don't know...lol my middle name is 'Gene')... When I came back here, I expected this thread to be deleted and I would be banned...oh well!

edit. bad taste.

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:47 PM Post #26 of 46
Quote:

Ha ha, I have a feeling I'll get banned here eventually... But anyways, I remember that I was wearing a cap to block the sunlight or something, and I think it was probably kind of tight too...like I would take it off to scratch, then put it back on, and go back and forth. That was when it was the worst, but sometimes I get it when I'm doing something physically and mentally stressful...like when I dropped a pan behind the drawer at the bottom of the oven and my hand could barely reach it...I don't know. Yeah, I'm an idiot, ha hah (I guess it could be because of heredity?? I don't know...lol my middle name is 'Gene')... When I came back here, I expected this thread to be deleted and I would be banned...oh well!

Wow, you're really random.. Are you intentionally trying to get banned? Cause you could probably ask and they would save you the trouble
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 8:40 PM Post #27 of 46
No, I wasn't intentionally trying to get banned....it's just that I do random stuff sometimes, and then after awhile, I realize that it was probably too violent or whatever...so I wasn't even thinking about it until I visited this thread the next day after making it. In fact, if I only put the random stuff up and not make a decent discussion...well then...who knows?!
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #28 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
LOL, must be some kind of scalp parasite that is burrowing into Quado's brain right now. He seems to be losing his mind.
tongue.gif

Get your @ss to Mars!

-Ed

LMAO!

"open your miiiiinnnnndd... open your miiiiinnnnnnd"

Feb 8, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #29 of 46
Hey, what's this 'open your mind' stuff all about? Ha ha, did Edwood just make that up when he wrote that in my big in-ear thread?....... Yeah, obviously I need to grow up a little more though...
tongue.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #30 of 46
Lucky for you I just read your post concerning "itchy scalp"!
You may be at the first stages of Male Pattern Baldness!!What you say? How can this be Max-9 tell me more!
Your testicle(s) are (is) producing testosterone , this is entering your bloodstream and attacking your hair folicles in the form of dihydratestosterone! This is causing the itch...the death of hair.
Removal of the testicle(s) is the only cure known to man at this time...or estrogen injections...that will give you lovely breasts and a full head of hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back