1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Does this fit me?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by lalamauchi, Oct 9, 2012.
  1. Lalamauchi
    I'm new to headphones and was looking for a pair with punchy bass, good highs, and good depth for around 200 or less dollars. I don't mind if the set up involves getting equipment that will exceed 200 (I'm expecting it to). I just want the headphones to be $200 or so. I was thinking of getting the Beyerdynamic DT770 80 ohms, but have heard somewhere that the bass was a bit loose. Are these a good pair of headphone for me? any suggestions of a more suitable pair with punchy bass and good highs with depth?

2. fatcat28037 Contributor
  3. Lalamauchi
  4. MalVeauX
    Quote:

Heya,

Look into:

Beyer DT770
    Philips Uptowns
    Ultrasone HFI 580
    Brainwavz HM5
    M-Audio Q40
    Sony MDRZX700
    Shure SRH750 DJ

Pair with Fiio E10 for home use (USB DAC/AMP), though they will virtually all run fine without an amplifier. For portable use, consider simple Fiio E7 or E11 maybe. Fiio E6 even would do the job for just a portable with these particular phones and it's only $20.

Very best,

5. Lalamauchi
    Quote:

I've looked into the uptowns and Q40's and I was having difficult deciding especially after trying out the uptowns in store. I'll look more into the others, but ya thanks for the suggestions.

6. Marximus
    I like the Uptowns.  Tighter bass than the DT 770s, IIRC (and I think I do).

7. Lalamauchi
    Yeah, I'm really leaning towards the Uptowns now, but how much would an amp help with the Uptowns and which one?