Does this fit me?
Oct 9, 2012 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Lalamauchi

New Head-Fier
I'm new to headphones and was looking for a pair with punchy bass, good highs, and good depth for around 200 or less dollars. I don't mind if the set up involves getting equipment that will exceed 200 (I'm expecting it to). I just want the headphones to be $200 or so. I was thinking of getting the Beyerdynamic DT770 80 ohms, but have heard somewhere that the bass was a bit loose. Are these a good pair of headphone for me? any suggestions of a more suitable pair with punchy bass and good highs with depth?

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
I'm new to headphones and was looking for a pair with punchy bass, good highs, and good depth for around 200 or less dollars. I don't mind if the set up involves getting equipment that will exceed 200 (I'm expecting it to). I just want the headphones to be $200 or so. I was thinking of getting the Beyerdynamic DT770 80 ohms, but have heard somewhere that the bass was a bit loose. Are these a good pair of headphone for me? any suggestions of a more suitable pair with punchy bass and good highs with depth?

Heya,

Look into:

Beyer DT770
Philips Uptowns
Ultrasone HFI 580
Brainwavz HM5
M-Audio Q40
Sony MDRZX700
Shure SRH750 DJ

Pair with Fiio E10 for home use (USB DAC/AMP), though they will virtually all run fine without an amplifier. For portable use, consider simple Fiio E7 or E11 maybe. Fiio E6 even would do the job for just a portable with these particular phones and it's only $20.

Very best,

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Heya,

Look into:

Beyer DT770
Philips Uptowns
Ultrasone HFI 580
Brainwavz HM5
M-Audio Q40
Sony MDRZX700
Shure SRH750 DJ

Pair with Fiio E10 for home use (USB DAC/AMP), though they will virtually all run fine without an amplifier. For portable use, consider simple Fiio E7 or E11 maybe. Fiio E6 even would do the job for just a portable with these particular phones and it's only $20.

Very best,

I've looked into the uptowns and Q40's and I was having difficult deciding especially after trying out the uptowns in store. I'll look more into the others, but ya thanks for the suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back