Does this case come in clear?
Jan 22, 2004 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dan the audioman

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello, I would like to show off the top of my amp and replace the top half (which now is black) with a clear top (or translucent...that would work just as well) and stick some blue leds in there for some show and some glow. Anyway, the case is a serpac A-27-9v. Does this case come in a clear or translucent color??

Heres a pic of the amp:
audio_003.jpg

thanks!

Jan 22, 2004 at 5:34 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks JMT,

however, I am disappointed that it doesn't come in a full case clear where i can use the top...arg i guess my glowing will have to do with only one panel.

Jan 25, 2004 at 3:40 PM Post #4 of 6
dan,

i had a similar desire to see the innards (i think they look cool) and light them with LEDs. i am looking around for a lucite box for my amp (non-portable)... or will get one custom made. of course i'm in HK where they have little shops that will do that kind of stuff....

Jan 25, 2004 at 5:01 PM Post #5 of 6
If you know the exact dimensions, you should be able to get one made for you at eMachineShop.com. They do work in polycarbonate and acrylic as well as metals, and their CAD sofware will generate a price quote once you have the part designed.

I haven't used them myself...haven't had time for any DIY projects. One day, I hope.

Jan 26, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 6
If i have it made, it will prbly me more money that its really worth to me...So im just going to case my next amp in a case that is clear.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back