Does the sight of this bother you?
Jul 17, 2002 at 6:07 PM Post #16 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by acidtripwow
Try to picture it with all the cables hooked up. I think it would take down your equipment stand.
biggrin.gif

eek.gif

And I thought a network rack was scary looking! The cables would definately require massive amounts of velcro wraps and a few cable guides. Come to think of it, puting it in a rack in a closet might be the best solution.

BTW Acid, nice avatar of your TT.

Jul 17, 2002 at 6:25 PM Post #17 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio Redneck

eek.gif

And I thought a network rack was scary looking! The cables would definately require massive amounts of velcro wraps and a few cable guides. Come to think of it, puting it in a rack in a closet might be the best solution.

BTW Acid, nice avatar of your TT.

I disagree, how do you get behind the damn thing to clean the connectors or replace/move cables?

Cable guides would be a must here as would a lot of velcro (made from teflon preferably- :wink:) and plastic tie wraps or, better yet, techflex.

Jul 17, 2002 at 7:29 PM Post #18 of 48
royboy2k
I mean WOW that cost more than my car.LOL I guess I ant all that much audio file to get that and then all the ics and only have one componet. Now for the other high end componets and it will probley cost more that my house. Oh well I just have to do with my sony 5.1 500 watt receiver and not look at that highend stuff or maby hit the lotto and then see if they have a better one.

Jul 17, 2002 at 7:37 PM Post #19 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by Nezer

I disagree, how do you get behind the damn thing to clean the connectors or replace/move cables?

You mean about the closet? Sorry, let me elaborate: I mean in a walk-in closet turned sideways so that you have easy access to the back. Sorry, I forget that words tend to bring up different pictures in different people's heads.

Jul 17, 2002 at 7:40 PM Post #20 of 48
I've seen that receiver in crutchfield for a while now, its wild...i love it...more stuff to play with
wink.gif

Now, you buy that thing, i dont think you could ever complain you dont have enough speaker outputs
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2002 at 7:48 PM Post #21 of 48
That receiver reminds me of those cartoons that had the lights that caused seizures. I think if you stared at all those connections for long enough you would have a seizure.

Jul 17, 2002 at 7:53 PM Post #22 of 48
RVD
If you used all those connections with highend stuff and good ics how much would the cost be then?

Jul 17, 2002 at 7:58 PM Post #23 of 48
I imagine if using just $100 dollar cables it would run $15000 to $20000 with the receiver and all the cables. I don't even want to think what it would cost for all the equipment that can be hooked up to it.

Jul 18, 2002 at 1:44 AM Post #24 of 48
I own the previous version of that receiver, the 5800. Since the 5803 came out, you can find the 5800 at half off or more. It's very very good.

markl

Jul 18, 2002 at 1:51 AM Post #25 of 48
is it just me or just one look at the back of that receiver it screams denon all the way...i guessed it without even reading anything else....denon always seems to make that one receiever that just makes me think....who cares if i have enough to buy the receiver...i want the money to buy everything else to go with it.....

ray

ps: how is the headphone output ..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 18, 2002 at 1:57 AM Post #26 of 48
The headphone jack is actually very good, but only when I use the Denons DACs in stereo mode and feed it the signal straight off my SCd-333ES's digital out. It has a billion uber-powerful DACs in there and when you set the mode correctly, it uses like a dozen per channel on your Redbook CDs, plus it upsamples to 24 bits. It's a real computing powerhouse.

I wish I could figure out a way to send that signal out again in analog form to my Melos Maestro for amplification. But try as I might there seems to be no way to do that.

markl

Jul 18, 2002 at 2:39 AM Post #28 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
The headphone jack is actually very good, but only when I use the Denons DACs in stereo mode and feed it the signal straight off my SCd-333ES's digital out. It has a billion uber-powerful DACs in there and when you set the mode correctly, it uses like a dozen per channel on your Redbook CDs, plus it upsamples to 24 bits. It's a real computing powerhouse.

I wish I could figure out a way to send that signal out again in analog form to my Melos Maestro for amplification. But try as I might there seems to be no way to do that.

markl

The tape out won't work?
confused.gif

Jul 18, 2002 at 3:09 AM Post #29 of 48
Well, you could get someone to build you a headphone jack -> line level converter... Ask Tangent or JMT, they might know something about it.

Jul 18, 2002 at 3:53 AM Post #30 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by CRESCENDOPOWER

Nope. Way more than $100.00, and not sold at Best Buy. Actually, Denon makes some of the best home theater receivers on the market.

just letting you know: my post was meant sort of tongue in cheek.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back