Does the Micro DAC come with it's USB cable?
Dec 21, 2008 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Shexbex

New Head-Fier
I know very little about cabling, and my English isn't particularly great so I can't really get my point across very well, but I'm buying the Headroom Micro DAC and I'm wondering if I need to buy any extra cables for it. I'm also buying the Micro Amplifier, and I know i'll need a 1/8th to 1/8th cable to connect the amplifier to the DAC, but do I need to purchase a cable that connects the computer to the DAC through USB? (computer is my source). If I have to do so, can someone recommend me a good one I can buy off Headphone.com? Thanks

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shexbex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know very little about cabling, and my English isn't particularly great so I can't really get my point across very well, but I'm buying the Headroom Micro DAC and I'm wondering if I need to buy any extra cables for it. I'm also buying the Micro Amplifier, and I know i'll need a 1/8th to 1/8th cable to connect the amplifier to the DAC, but do I need to purchase a cable that connects the computer to the DAC through USB? (computer is my source). If I have to do so, can someone recommend me a good one I can buy off Headphone.com? Thanks

You'll need this cable.
You can buy those in any shop, they are very common.

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks a lot man. I've seen this before but for some reason I assumed it would come included haha. Guess it's another 10$ off the wallet.

Haha this is getting ridiculous. My poor, poor wallet
frown.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shexbex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks a lot man. I've seen this before but for some reason I assumed it would come included haha. Guess it's another 10$ off the wallet.

Haha this is getting ridiculous. My poor, poor wallet
frown.gif

Different people need differnt lengths, but I agree it would be nice to include the cables.
They can be had cheaper though.

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #5 of 5
Their portable products some with cables, though for something like the micro the little USB thing that came with my Bithead wasn't nearly long enough for my uses. Besides, I already had a few longer USB Micro cables hanging around anyways.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back