Does the A900x have good bass response?
Jun 27, 2013 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

waytoodeep03

Head-Fier
I am a musician and listen to all kinds of music. I found that with some wide soundstage headphones the Bass guitar isnt heard as prominent as to say skullcandy or some other bass heavy headphones.

I am looking for a great soundstage so with the A900x will I be able to heard the bass guitar and Feel the kick drum? Or should I look elsewhere?

Jun 27, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #3 of 6
The A900X have more bass than the A900, but it's not a basshead headphone. If that's what you're looking. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
I am a musician and listen to all kinds of music. I found that with some wide soundstage headphones the Bass guitar isnt heard as prominent as to say skullcandy or some other bass heavy headphones.

I am looking for a great soundstage so with the A900x will I be able to heard the bass guitar and Feel the kick drum? Or should I look elsewhere?

The consistent problem is that big headphone marketing companies (Skull Candy, Bose, and Beats for example) are typically bass heavy. If you are looking for something with as much bass as those, steer clear of the A900X. However, the A900X is by far the best sounding closed headphone I've tried in terms of soundstage. They do in fact have a very decent bass presentation but they have almost zero sub bass. Shouldn't be an issue with the bass guitar, only for deep bass that's found in EDM and rap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back