Does Sansa Clip play FLAC files?
Nov 5, 2008 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

SilverB

Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Does Sansa Clip play FLAC files?

I've tried copying a few FLAC files into my Clip but my Clip didn't recognize the files. By the way, My Clip is running version 1.1.30a

Here is the change log of the latest firmware, 1.1.30a
Enhancements:

* FLAC decoder support
* Allow Podcasts to skip episodes using FF / REW
* New startup and shutoff images
* Improved the time to rebuild the metadata
* Improved M3U playlist support
* Enhancements for sorting Podcast contents which do not have their track number ID3 tag information
* Separate missing license error message for Audible and generic Audiobooks. Message changed to instruct the customer in how to resolve the problem

Bugs Fixed:

* OGG placed in Audiobook or podcast folder shows up in Music directory
* Delete song from a long playlist causes the device to hang
* Selecting “Back to Music List” while playing FM/Voice recordings will display double “Play All” on screen & will cause device to hang upon selecting “Play All”
* Certain tag information for mp3 files will cause the device to hang or freeze
* Made OGG file Tags not case sensitive
* Noise problem on voice recording
* Device in MTP mode will jump back to AutoSelect mode after UI format
* Device behaves erratically when file extension got changed (i.e. .txt to .mp3, .jpg to .wma)
* All Audiobooks should show 1/1 if Chapter Mode is OFF
* Certain Rhapsody tracks show clicking noises
* Deactivation message “Synchronize to listen to your Audiobooks” for Audible is uninformative and irrelevant

Has anyone else got their Clip play FLAC files?

SilverB

Jan 24, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 12
I wonder if this will work for me. I got a few flacs not playing in my clip (they play well on my pc). But the other flacs play fine. Sampling rates are the same for all = 44.1khz. Any ideas?

Jan 24, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #8 of 12
Hmm. I just drag and drop and they play fine. I did notice a while back that my old m6 had problems with FLAC files that were encoded with DBpoweramp. Just re-encoded (FLAC->FLAC) using Foobar 2000 and all played perfectly.

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #9 of 12
Any luck yet SilverB?

I tried a few flac files and have no problem, these were encoded 44.1/16, compresion level 8 on dbpower amp. Also some tracks I got from HDtracks.com work. The Clip has firmware 01.01.30A. Transfered by drag'n'drop in MSC mode.

The shortest track I could find is just over 1 minute and that makes a 8meg flac file. I can email it to you for testing if you want to send me your email address in a PM.

[edit: sorry, I didn't notice the original post is 2 months old. Still wondering if the OP ever found the problem? ]

Jan 24, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #10 of 12
Plays FLAC no problemo.
44.1Khz, 16bit, using MSC mode I copy and paste folders

Jan 24, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #11 of 12
Newest firmware: yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back