Does Philip's brand really carrry that extra ooomph in sound?
Aug 4, 2002 at 8:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kenchi1983

100+ Head-Fier
The first encounter was when i was shopping for cd player in circuit city. A guy went to me and said that -go for the philips brand as they have superb sound quality..and they are coinventor of cd.

After getting my jvc model, i wasnt completely satisfied with it. its not the sound quality but the overall feel of the machine. Not especially comfortable when holding it.

rolleyes.gif
So then.....i looked for reviews. and on Amazon.....i found two people praising the philips brand. Saying the same things as they have better overall sound than other brands.

Is this a hoax......???
confused.gif
I did listen to a philips brand mini cd (mp3) player. And i was really really IMPRESSED with the sound. When the music started playing....my ears could hear the extra oooomp and fullness.

......that i have not experienced with my ksc50s.

Anyone feel the same? really really interested in getting the philip's sound (or if there is one). anyone with philips brand?

Aug 5, 2002 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 3
I've heard good things about the Philips sound, too, but I can only speak for the EXP201, personally. Sonically it seems less grainy and thus a little better than the SL-CT570A to me - but both EXP201 untis I have have a very annoying flaw, because sometimes they play regular audio cds (redbook) at a much higher speed... And compared to my old Sanyo CDP-55A, the sound quality is not as good, either...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Aug 6, 2002 at 7:08 AM Post #3 of 3
Exchanged jvc for philips.

still testing how it sounds with varying music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back