Does iPod Touch (2nd gen) need screen protector?
Oct 28, 2008 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

lmf22

1000+ Head-Fier
I just a 2nd generation iPod Touch and ordered a BestSkinEver to protect the back. I was wondering if I should apply the front as well.

Based on BestSkinEver that I have for my iPod Classic, I think it will decrease he sensitivity of the touchscreen on the Touch. And it doesn't slide as well as the smooth unprotected glass touchscreen.

Does the Touch's screen get scratched easily? If it does, I might have to sacrifice sensitivity and put a skin on it.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #2 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmf22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does the Touch's screen get scratched easily?

If it does, I might have to sacrifice sensitivity and put a skin on it.

Mine's not scratched at all. But I got an Apple anti-glare protector (which seems to be totally smudge proof), because I didn't want to risk damaging the screen at some point in the future. And it hasn't reduced sensitivity at all. In fact, I find it easier to use with a protector, since my fingers don't get stuck to the smudgy screen any more
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #4 of 22
yes get one.. Even a cheap one will do. My friend has a touch w/o a screen protector and there are small scratches and he doesn't know how it got there.

Oct 29, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #5 of 22
Sounds like I should put on the BestSkinsEver protector for the front as well as the back, when it comes. Does anyone know how well the BestSkinsEver screen protector work? Is it easy to remove (without leaving any sticky residue) if I don't like it?

Oct 29, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whether it needs one or not, I have one on mine,it just makes for better care.

Like a condom, better safe than sorry. Always use protection.
popcorn.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like a condom, better safe than sorry. Always use protection.
popcorn.gif

I personally do not recommend putting a condom on your touch, there is no fear of it reproducing that I know of.

Oct 29, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #10 of 22
No sticky residue, I've been removing multiple BSEs on my touch since it's a pain to put it on correctly. Don't feel like the sensitivity of the screen has been diminished, so putting the BSE on the front is a safe choice.

Oct 29, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by grantonner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, a screen protector is not needed. Apples glass is virtually bullet proof.

Welcome to Head-fi.... but not exactly.

I had a BSE on back of my touch and two days ago dropped it on a parking garage cement floor. Glass all scratched up on the corner. Luckily only a few scratches on display portion of the glass, but I'd recommend you use the front protector or get a larger case that pushes away from the screen, etc. Wish I had applied mine.

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #12 of 22
The BestSkinsEver came today. It took me about 30 minutes to apply it. The corners and edges were the toughest part. I had to wait for it to dry a little before the edges stick. The front was easier to apply.

This was my third BestSkinsEver skin (iPod Classic 160GB, my dad's iPod Classic 80GB, and now the iPod Touch), and I'm quite satisfied with them.

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #13 of 22
Well I'd recommend getting a BSE for the back and then a "real" screen protector for the front. I've used BSEs and ISs for all my other devices, but I find them too "sticky" for touch screen devices, so I use a "real" screen protector for the front. That way you get the best of both worlds
smily_headphones1.gif
Oh, and I put mine in a Incase Slider too HAHA I have a Gen 1 though...

Nov 1, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #14 of 22
It's true that the surface of the BSE is more "sticky" than other screen protectors. I found a workaround: Apply a small amount of car wax to it. I just applied some Eagle One Nano Wax and it's now much smoother.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I'd recommend getting a BSE for the back and then a "real" screen protector for the front. I've used BSEs and ISs for all my other devices, but I find them too "sticky" for touch screen devices, so I use a "real" screen protector for the front. That way you get the best of both worlds
smily_headphones1.gif
Oh, and I put mine in a Incase Slider too HAHA I have a Gen 1 though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back